Windows 7 BSOD, please help (other forums arn't helping me!)

To Enable Minidumps:

1. Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
  2. Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery > Settings... button.
  3. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
  4. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
  5. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
  6. OK your way out.
  7. Reboot if changes have been made.
The *.dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a *.dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.
GoTo your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the *.dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up the *.dmp files from that folder and attach to a post.

This btw, is a canned speech post, so if you know most of the answers, ignore it!

Where was you advised to uninstall Steam?

Last edited:
I've asked in so many other forums for help with this, but people arn't following through after an initial 'oh, that might be *insert problem here*.' I really want to get this sorted, so I'm hoping you guys here will do a better job than the other Windows 7 forums I've tried.

Anyway, I get this written on the Blue Screen itself:

A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

Had this about 4 times now, and I get the same thing every time.

vo7tbo.jpg

The other Windows 7 forum requested the attached zip file, apparently it's a more in-depth look at the 'dumps' or something? (bare with me, I'm not the most savvy with this technnical stuff). Despite giving them that, they havn't been much help!

I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks in advance!
]

Of note

Two of the three submitted crashes were after SP-1 was installed.

Bluescreenview is not the tool of choice for examing DMPs for it often erroniously blames the OS.

Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: Win 7 A Clock Interrupt... BSOD (101 Error) - Windows 7 Forums )
What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)
- H2SO4
So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Try this free video stress test: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this error 'A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval' when the CPUs Vcore is too low.

Guys, I just want to clear this up before moving on with the above 'things to do.'

I've seen this error 'A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval' when the CPUs Vcore is too low.

I think you might be on to something, as my motherboard has the vcore set 'automatically', and from what I've read, different motherboards when set to auto set the vcore differently on the same model of CPU. Now I don't know anything about the vcore, or what it should be set to for a stock i5 2500k, but mine is at 1.176v at the mo. Any idea if that's too much/too little?

Guys, I just want to clear this up before moving on with the above 'things to do.'

I think you might be on to something, as my motherboard has the vcore set 'automatically', and from what I've read, different motherboards when set to auto set the vcore differently on the same model of CPU. Now I don't know anything about the vcore, or what it should be set to for a stock i5 2500k, but mine is at 1.176v at the mo. Any idea if that's too much/too little?

Hi there,
I've been searching for the same problem: same board, same cpu, two times system freeze and now a BSOD with about the same dump - all kernel halts happend at the very moment I started to open up new tabs in firefox.

I still have to update to the most recent bios. My other gues is vcore voltage. I use everything on default settings, with energy saving enabled at bios and within win7. On idle vcore goes down to less than 0.85 volts. I'm new to this cpu, so I don't know much about usefull voltage settings, but this seems a bit to low.

Back