BSOD, please help (other forums arn't helping me!)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Anesthetize, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Mar 5, 2010

1. Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
    2. Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery > Settings... button.
    3. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
    4. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
    5. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
    6. OK your way out.
    7. Reboot if changes have been made.
    The *.dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a *.dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.
    GoTo your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the *.dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up the *.dmp files from that folder and attach to a post.

This btw, is a canned speech post, so if you know most of the answers, ignore it!

Where was you advised to uninstall Steam?
    #21 Elmer, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

Jun 2, 2009
    Of note

Two of the three submitted crashes were after SP-1 was installed.

Bluescreenview is not the tool of choice for examing DMPs for it often erroniously blames the OS.

Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: Win 7 A Clock Interrupt... BSOD (101 Error) - Windows 7 Forums )
    So, check the drivers
    Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
    Then run some hardware stress tests

Then try replacing parts.
    Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.[/QUOTE]
    1 person likes this.
  3. nmsuk

nmsuk Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Sep 7, 2009
    I've seen this error 'A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval' when the CPUs Vcore is too low.
  4. Anesthetize

Anesthetize New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Guys, I just want to clear this up before moving on with the above 'things to do.'

I think you might be on to something, as my motherboard has the vcore set 'automatically', and from what I've read, different motherboards when set to auto set the vcore differently on the same model of CPU. Now I don't know anything about the vcore, or what it should be set to for a stock i5 2500k, but mine is at 1.176v at the mo. Any idea if that's too much/too little?
  5. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Hi there,
    I've been searching for the same problem: same board, same cpu, two times system freeze and now a BSOD with about the same dump - all kernel halts happend at the very moment I started to open up new tabs in firefox.

I still have to update to the most recent bios. My other gues is vcore voltage. I use everything on default settings, with energy saving enabled at bios and within win7. On idle vcore goes down to less than 0.85 volts. I'm new to this cpu, so I don't know much about usefull voltage settings, but this seems a bit to low.