Windows 10 BSOD Varying Problems

No access to Windows 8 atm which is why I got Windows 10 as there was no Windows 8 available at my local store. About to log on for the first time since resetting, haven't touched drivers or anything so first thing I'll do is download the W7F Diagnostic tool and send in my dump files then I'll start it up in safe mode so I don't go into a blue screen loop

Edit: blue screened too quickly to get the dump files, can I get them in safe mode?

blue screened too quickly to get the dump files, can I get them in safe mode?
The app might not run but you can grab the dump files yourself. Look in the main windows folder for a folder marked minidump. You'll find them in there.

Yea I can get them, how can I get them to you though, won't let me add a connection even though I chose safe mode with networking

Edit: Was able to put them on a USB and send from a different pc. I don't get any blue screens in safe mode if that gives you an insight to the problem

Attachments

• 050116-10109-01.dmp
    111.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 050116-27562-01.dmp
    131.1 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Hmm.. now that's awkward..

I'm a little puzzled why your lappie has suddenly decided to go nuts with the blue screens unless some component has perished.

Do you have anything connected via USB?

Have you made any hardware changes recently?

Try booting up with just one stick of RAM inserted, if you still get a bsod then booting up with the other stick and so on. See if there's a stick which doesn't blue screen.

I did some searching on this issue and came across this video:

See if you can update the bios in safe mode.

It's not a laptop btw, its a desktop. No new hardware or anything and was working fine until I installed a new nvidia driver. I have a few things connected by usb, razer blackwidow, razer deathadder, a corsair wireless headset receptor. But everything was working fine until I installed the driver.

It's not a laptop btw, its a desktop.
Thank you, I was under the illusion it was the laptop version.
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1, {7ffc81c99394, 0, ffff, ffffd001a1fe0b80}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+24a )

Followup: MachineOwner
This bugcheck can be caused by drivers making mismatched calls to the APC.

Do you have the Intel graphics enabled? If you do then try disabling the intel gpu in the bios.

If that doesn't seem to make any difference then try the other way round.

Enable the Intel graphics, turn off the machine and then remove your graphics card and connect your monitor to the Intel connector. See if either of these ways will get you booted up and not blue screening.

hmm so i just went into my BIOS setup (F2 in start up) and i was in legacy boot up as the dell help told me to a when i first reached out for help. I tried starting in UEFI mode and it said i have no bootable devices. could this mean anything?

Edit: well i've done a system restore and it completed without blue screening, but as soon as i got in i got a blue screen before even touching my mouse, I'm so lost right now...

Last edited:
I didn't really understand the instructions. If by BIOS you mean the F2 menu on startup then I couldn't see an option, if not where is this found?

There might be an option in the bios to disable the Intel graphics if you can't find it then there might not be one you'll just have to check. You could still try removing your graphics card and just use the Intel graphics as a test. Don't forget to swap your monitor cable over to the Intel gpu.
See if the machine still bsod's with the nvidia graphics card removed.

There might be an option in the bios to disable the Intel graphics if you can't find it then there might not be one you'll just have to check. You could still try removing your graphics card and just use the Intel graphics as a test. Don't forget to swap your monitor cable over to the Intel gpu.
See if the machine still bsod's with the nvidia graphics card removed.

That might be a bit much for me, never even opened my pc up. Anyway gonna have some tech company have a look on Tuesday and see if they have any ideas, I've tried so many things it's getting a little frustrating. I'll get back to you on Tuesday/Wednesday if they come up with an answer so atleast you'll have some sort of reference for the future of not then I'm back to square 1 I guess. Thanks for all your effort in helping me anyway, appreciate it a lot

Moz, get them to update the bios. It seems that new update is specifically for Windows 10 and may just turn out to be the solution. In any case best of luck and I'll await your next reply.

Back
Top Bottom