Windows 7 BSOD when entering sleep mode with Windows 7 x64

joshuadc96

Hi everyone.

Over the past few days, I have noticed that my desktop will not enter sleep mode. Instead, the screen enter energy saving mode and the system continues to remain active for about 10 minutes before turning off. As long as my system does not enter sleep mode, it works just fine. According to the dump file, the issue is caused by ntoskrnl.exe and an error message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Any help fixing this issue is much appreciated.

Attached are my last few minidump files.

View attachment Minidump.zip

Hi joshuadc96 and Welcome to The Forum.

Sorry for the delay in an answer. Looking at your dump file now but need to re-set my debug files. But to get you started:

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

I'll update a.s.a.p.

Hi
Thanks for the assistance. After a bit of digging, I found that the issue was caused by a USB device and immediately thought that it is being caused by the crappy internal USB Wifi adapter that came with my system so I unplugged it and right enough, sleep works perfectly. Looks like I'm gonna be getting a new WiFi adapter.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom