Windows 7 BSOD when sleeping, restarting, shutting down Windows 7 32-bit

RisingShadows

Hey there guys,

I just did a FRESH install of vista ultimate 32-bit and everytime I try to put it to sleep, hibernate, shutdown, or restart, it simply doesn't. If I leave it for a while, with a blank screen, it blue screens and gives me the error of "Driver Power State Failure". If someone could please share some information with me on this, I would be ever so grateful. Thanks =D

Hi and welcome to the forum..
could you please post you system spec..

Thankyou :)
The one thing that was apparent straight away was the age of your bios. I would definitely see if there are updates for your board.
Also the error message usually applies to old or unsigned drivers: Troubleshooting STOP 0x9F Error Messages in Windows

If you haven't already, update your drivers. Driver links for graphics and sound can be found in the multimedia section of the vista forum.

I found a update with an exe...:D Plus it's for vista compatibility, which should mean you'll be ok for 7 too..and it has an hibernate fix..

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Just download and run..

Just tried running the .exe you sent me and it gives me an error message saying:

"Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9998)"

Help =\

I did a little research and that is correct update for that motherboard. Have you tried running it in 'compatibility mode'?
I'm just wondering if it's not updating because your using 7.. So try running the update as if it was for XP..

This was an answer to a question in an Asus forum as to who provides the updates for your board:

'Because you don't have an ASUS motherboard. You have an HP motherboard supplied by ASUS under contract according to HP's requirements. All support for the product becomes the responsibility of HP, not ASUS.'

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20090116193818065&board_id=090&model=&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Last edited:
Well..I guess you could try running it under xp or vista and then apply the bios update but didn't you try compatiblity mode with the bios update? As it might still run?

Bugger!

I guess the age of the hardware isn't helping really...Sorry i couldn't be of more help..:confused:

I think it's definite then...Your system does not like 7!.... Weird as I thought if it could handle vista then 7 should be fine?

You should be able to flash your BIOS in the BIOS setup. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do this. If you do not have the manual you should be able to find it in the maker's website or they will supply you with software to enable you to update your BIOS.

You should be able to flash your BIOS in the BIOS setup. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to do this. If you do not have the manual you should be able to find it in the maker's website or they will supply you with software to enable you to update your BIOS.

Hi nehoma,
we found an update but it seems he already has it....

Back
Top Bottom