Windows 7 BSoD when unplugging gamepad

Arathefu

I'm not sure if this thread is in right place, correct me if Im wrong.

The problem is, that whenever I disconnect Xbox 360 controller or Gibson Explorer Controller for Guitar Hero i get Blue Screen of Death with information on IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL, or something like that. Anyone get over that problem? Anyone ever experienced something like that?

I'm not sure if this thread is in right place, correct me if Im wrong.

The problem is, that whenever I disconnect Xbox 360 controller or Gibson Explorer Controller for Guitar Hero i get Blue Screen of Death with information on IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL, or something like that. Anyone get over that problem? Anyone ever experienced something like that?
Same here. I've been using the x64 editions of Windows 7 (build 7057 and 7077) and unplugging the wired Gibson Explorer controller always resulted in BSOD (IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL). Haven't tried the 7100 RC yet (upgrading later this week), so I don't know if it's been resolved now. But I doubt that, there's not much information regarding this specific problem on Microsoft web site. Hope that helps! (lol).

I get the same BSOD when i unplug my xbox 360 controller too.
I saw on other forums that build 7100 works fine and doesnt give us the BSOD when d/c the controller.
im gonna give it a try

Just to confirm that the problem is gone after installing Windows 7 RC (build 7100). I tried plugging/ unplugging the X-plorer controller a few times, no more BSOD!

Just to confirm that the problem is gone after installing Windows 7 RC (build 7100). I tried plugging/ unplugging the X-plorer controller a few times, no more BSOD!

Just installed Windows 7 RC and its CONFIRMED that the problem is gone!

Back