Windows 7 BSOD while playing Dota 2

Andrija

Hello,

I recently install dota 2 on my computer and i get at some point out of game during the game and i cant alt tab back i have to close it via task manager and reopen it, i was getting meesage Display driver stop responding and recovered.
However, in last 3 days, i got 2 blue screens, i instal that bsod check last time so if someone could help me out to read it please would be really helpful.
I dont reall play other games at the moment so i dont know if it would happen on others.

My computer: AMD r9 270x, Intel i5-4570, 8gb ram

Edit: i uploaded first other file then i open thread where someone explain how to attach file properly and resend it.

Thanks

Attachments

• W7F_21-07-2016.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 419
  • 072116-14476-01.rar
    21.3 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8a011561000, 1, fffff8800f157792, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+115792 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
Bug check 0x50 can occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another possible cause is the installation of a faulty system service or Antivirus software, as well as a corrupted NTFS volume.

I see your running Avast AV and we normally ask that users remove the AV suite and just use MSE as it's ultra stable:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download
This is only temporary and you can install Avast again after troubleshooting has been completed.

As the gpu driver is mentioned please remove the current driver using the Display driver uninstaller
This will remove not only the driver but anything else left behind by previous driver installs. You will need to use the DDU when in safe mode.
The latest driver is here:
Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.7.2-Release-Notes

Your drivers do need updating and you'll find updates available on your motherboard support page under Windows 7 64bit:
Support For Z87-G43 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
Please update everything driver wise.

NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 11:27:58 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities.
Please uninstall to test.

BiosVersion = V1.5
BiosReleaseDate = 09/23/2013
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemProductName = MS-7816
SystemVersion = 1.0
BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI
BaseBoardProduct = Z87-G43 (MS-7816)

Above is your current Bios version. There have been a further 6 updates released many with updates for compatibility:
Support For Z87-G43 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
Flashing the bios does carry some risk and if your not familiar with the process then hold off until you can either get the local computer store to do it for you or a friend who has experience.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Lastly I notice your SSD has only 41GB of free space. Whilst this just about enough it's still close to the line. Any chance you could free up a little more space?

Please post any new dump files.

Dota 2 players who cheat, buy and sell accounts, or are abusive are now being banned from the game for up to two decades.

The bans are the result of an update to Dota 2's ranked matchmaking, which made clear that the game will now punish smurfing, role queue abuse, and those with low behaviour scores.

In your words, I think the problem is in your computer, not in the game. Dota is a very popular game and from a technical point of view, its developers have perfected to the maximum. I took out Dota 2 several times, never had such problems. But the computer was stronger than yours. But haven't you tried to mmr boost your account? I know that after you do this, some problems appear at first, so it appeared to me, but I solved them very quickly.

Back