Windows 7 Build 7048 New Aggro Windows Media Center

jimbo45

Hi guys
I'm rapidly getting very disillusioned with build 7048 -- serves me right for jumping the gun -- initially it seemed OK but I've already posted a Host of problems since found.

The latest is in the Windows Media Center

When setting up a TV tuner

If you try and set a NEW postal code in the boxes it won't let you clear the 2nd box so you can't enter a new postal code to download the epg guide and there doesn't seem to be any "Reset" option to clear all the settings after you've configured it once. So if you are in a new area to the one where you initially configured your TV card --you are stuck -- not my idea of what a Laptop si for --Travel is why we use laptops a lot.

Apart from a little bit of speed Build 7048 is DEFINITELY BACKWARDS compared with 7000 and 7022.

Hope the RC1 is NOT going to be based on 7048 or I'm in BIG trouble.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi guys
I'm rapidly getting very disillusioned with build 7048 -- serves me right for jumping the gun -- initially it seemed OK but I've already posted a Host of problems since found.

The latest is in the Windows Media Center

When setting up a TV tuner

If you try and set a NEW postal code in the boxes it won't let you clear the 2nd box so you can't enter a new postal code to download the epg guide and there doesn't seem to be any "Reset" option to clear all the settings after you've configured it once. So if you are in a new area to the one where you initially configured your TV card --you are stuck -- not my idea of what a Laptop si for --Travel is why we use laptops a lot.

Apart from a little bit of speed Build 7048 is DEFINITELY BACKWARDS compared with 7000 and 7022.

Hope the RC1 is NOT going to be based on 7048 or I'm in BIG trouble.

Cheers
jimbo

Not to sound like a jerk here Jimbo45 but maybe that's why these builds are internal (interim) builds.... that aren't ment to be released to the general public... ;) just maybe...

I went from x64 7000 to x64 7048 and personally I have found it much snappier/reliable than 7000. Heaps better. Im glad Im not having the same troubles as you

Back