Windows 7 Build 7100 64-bit + OrangeMicro 1394 -> Instant BSOD with camcorder plugging in

szhosain

Hi, all.

I have a peculiar problem here. I am using Windows 7 64-bit build 7100 and a Orange Micro 1394 Firewire + USB 2.0 card. This has an NEC 1394 chipset and an NEC USB 2.0 chipset. The card is found by the OS and shows up in the Device Manager. :cool:

However, the very first time I plugged in a Sony miniDV Camcorder, it did not install all drivers to recognize it as a video camcorder. Only some drivers installed (which, unfortunately, I did not keep track of). So, I unplugged the camera and tried again. Oops, BSOD! :frown:

Since then, plugging in the camcorder after the OS loads, causes an instant BSOD! No delays whatsoever. :( I have duplicated this behavior repeatedly. I tried deleting the 1394 driver - next reboot, it found the card again ... good ... but still no luck in getting the camcorder plug-in to not cause a BSOD!

Anybody else have this issue or problem (a search here did not reveal anything relevant ...) and, if so, what is the fix? Thanks in advance.

My system is a Dell 9200 with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, with 4GB of memory installed. Is it possible that the OrangeMicro card is not 64 bit compatible? The company is out of business, of course, so I cannot check with them. :mad:

Z

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom