Windows 7 Can Certified Partner Key be used to activate Windows 7 Trial?

gunady

Can I use my company (Gold Certified partner) to activate Windows 7 Enterprise Trial (90 days)? How many times can this key be used?

I don't know if this helps. The "key" is embedded, so is automatically used during the instalatin. There is still a requirement to activate it though. I do not need to use the trial so cannot say, but normally there is, under the activation panel, an option to type in a new key, and then reactivate. If that exists in the trial, you may (although I doubt it) be able to insert the new key. A partner key woul be the same as a Technet key. The product is supposed to be for test purposes and you can reactivate indefinitely, but should not use the product as you principal OS. Of couse, Microsoft would not have too many means of determining if that is what you intended.

I don't know if this helps. The "key" is embedded, so is automatically used during the instalatin. There is still a requirement to activate it though. I do not need to use the trial so cannot say, but normally there is, under the activation panel, an option to type in a new key, and then reactivate. If that exists in the trial, you may (although I doubt it) be able to insert the new key. A partner key woul be the same as a Technet key. The product is supposed to be for test purposes and you can reactivate indefinitely, but should not use the product as you principal OS. Of couse, Microsoft would not have too many means of determining if that is what you intended.

So, if i have the Partner product key from my company and somehow do not have the installation media, how do I get the ISO to install Windows 7?

The free DL you mention, isn't that the one for Invited Beta Testers? Your eligibility is determined upon your Sign-in, I think. But, (I haven't looked (yet)) maybe this "Trial" is something different. I only knew of the betas, RTM & GA.

They tell me they will let me out again soon :D (Just kidding)... it really wasn't (that) long ago :rolleyes::frown:

Feel a bit like I'm waiting for Santa to arrive & bring my Boxed Media (sigh) ... October the what? :rolleyes:

I do know Keys any1 had for the betas will not work on RTMs

C ya,
Drew

I justed tested using an MSDN license key to activate Windows 7 Enterprise x64 DVD ISO trial (download from MS) and it removed the 90 days trial limitations!!!!

I created the attached doc but here's a quick paste of it:

Download How to remove the 90 days Windows 7 Enterprise trial period deployment with an MSDN license key for Windows 7 Enterprise.

Download the free 64bit trial version from here:
Windows 7 Enterprise Trial ISO download (CTRL+Click to access the link)

Or copy and paste to a browser:
http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/d...l_Enterprise-GRMCENXEVAL_EN_DVD.iso?lcid=1033
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Locate your My Computer icon and right click select to choose Properties to go to this screen.
1.jpg

This is the default screen you see for My Computer Properties. You'll see that on the desktop background bottom right corner (yellow circle), it shows, "Windows 7, Windows License valid for 90 days, Build7600." You also see the "Change product key" option shown in blue circle. Also note (to compare to after unlocking the trial) that the yellow underline shows, "Your Windows license is valid for 90 days."

Select the "Change product key" option.

Punch in your MSDN key.

Note:
Windows will require an active Internet connection in order to activate the new key. If you do not have an Internet connection, the following screen will appear giving you other options shown below.

Once the MSDN key is verified, Windows will be activated as shown below:

Notice the desktop background does not warn of the Windows license 90 days trial period. It also now shows in the My Computer properties that Windows is now activated (without the 90 days trial limitations).

The user perspective for activating is to be able to continue using Windows with future update and security patches for stability. So Windows Update is tested after the new key activation to ensure functionality is not broken.

Back