Windows 7 What's the simple way to make a flash drive that can be used to rescue Windows platforms?

Hi

While I make backups of all my drives with Acronis, I also just copy all of my really important files to a folder on my external drive.
In my case I do this on a separate external hard drive from my other backups.

Mike

I plan to encrypt my data files and store them in the Cloud for protection from fire on premise, that sort of threat. Will Acronis be good to use for this?

Maybe I should do what you do. I have setup a network drive on my desktop PC that is really a folder that appears as a drive on PCs connectd to the LAN. I store copies of Data files there so when a notbook is not connected to the LAN the files are still available. Maybe I should make copies of all the data files in a local folder, then move the folder to my network drive once a week. It would be nice to use a script file for this. Do you use script files?

KCav

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference - Mark Taliaferro, author of Making An NTFS USB Boot Disk, gave a clear step-by-step explination that included using your Windows Installation CD with a CMD line instruction, The instruction transferred files to the Flash Drive so that it would become bootabe; I'll try it.

KC

I down loaded DiskWizard from the Seagate website and used it to make a bootable flash drive ona 4GB stick. When I booted from the flash drive it loaded DiskWizard, and with DiskWizard I restored my System partition from an image file stored on my external USB hard drive. DiskWizard is made by Acronis and its available for free. It downloaded quickly and installed easily. But one thing I can't do is store an image file on the DiskWizard Flash drive because its FAT32 format.

KCav

Back
Top Bottom