Windows 7 Can I Reimage with Windows 7

ryguy7272

I am trying to reimage my Windows 8 computer with Windows 7. I tried to boot from the DVD, and got some error like it wasn't able to recognize the DVD, or some such thing. I think, perhaps, the DVD is not configured for this. Maybe it's not bootable compatible, or whatever. When I double clicked the setup.exe file, it seems like it starts to install, but then after about 20 minutes or so, the whole install processes just stops. Basically, I'd like to do a clean install, reclaim the partition for Windows 7, and be done with Windows 8 forever.

Is there something I can check on the DVD to make sure I can boot from it? Is there some way to force the machine to start the reimage? I've done this lots of times in the past, and never had a problem, however, I was never going from Windows 8 to Windows 7.

Thanks all!!

Ok. Thanks. I disabled that and popped the DVD in and restarted the machine and set the boot option to DVD. The DVD does start spinning for a few seconds, and then Windows 8 starts normally. I guess this si not a bootable Windows 7 DVD. Is there any way to know for sure?

Thanks again.

Why don't you image your Windows 8 system with elevated command prompt. The command is:

wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:X: -include:C: -AllCritical -quiet

Where X is the drive letter of the partition to where you want to place the image. Recovery is started with the W8/8.1 installation disc.

Back