Windows 7 Can Pinnacle Studio 15 be made to use more threads

cherrio

Extraordinary Member
Does anyone know if there is a way for the user to tweak something in Win 7 Ulimate 64 it so that Pinnacle Studio 15 will use all 12 threads? Or is this restriction something imposed by the code in Studio. I was expecting a a 25% rendering speed improvement by moving from a 4 core intel to a 6 core. Studio 15 used all eight threads in a i7-2600 CPU machines but in the new Xeon 1650v2 (6 core, 12 threads) only uses 6 threads - LESS THAN THE 4 CORE MACHINE, and seems to have no speed advantage at all.

Was my hypotheses all wrong? I thought it would be dependant on the app software but I never thought it would be almost no improvement.

If I'm not mistaken the Xeon chips are/is designed for servers, specifically, and then the instructions set is different from the standard CPU. Then this may be issue with Pinnacle Studio as it's designed for the standard CPU instruction set.

This is all just a guess, as I've yet to find any actual evidence to support this.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken the Xeon chips are/is designed for servers, specifically, and then the instructions set is different from the standard CPU. Then this may be issue with Pinnacle Studio as it's designed for the standard CPU instruction set.

This is all just a guess, as I've yet to find any actual evidence to support this.
Sounds the most plausible of answers I have seen yet. I also posted on another forum and they suggested I look at CPU affinity and Process priority - no change from those actions.

Back