Windows 10 Cancelling a file set to be printed

djchapple

Extraordinary Member
I have a Lenovo all-in-one 730S-24ikb running Windows 10 Pro (fully up to date) and I use eMClient for my emails. My printer is a Canon TS8150 connected wirelessly via a router.

Just recently I have started having problems with printer; it can take as long as 10 minutes before the printer starts to print and I often end up with multiple copies.

I decided to completely remove the printer from the computer and then reinstall it in the hope that this will cure the problem.

However I cannot uninstall the software, using Control Panel, as I am told that a file is scheduled to be printed. When I try to cancel the print job nothing hasppens for a while and the the print shows the job waiting to be printed once again.

How can I cancel this mprint job?

From an elevated Powershell prompt you can type the following

Stop-Service -Name Spooler
Remove-Item -Path C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS\* -Force -Recurse
Start-Service -Name Spooler

That should clear out any pending print jobs.

To stop the print spooler and its files, we will have you create and run a script file that will automatically stop the service. This sounds difficult, but it really isn’t. Just follow these steps carefully.

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type notepad, and then click OK. Notice that a blank Notepad document opens

Back
Top Bottom