Windows 7 cannot attach USB Sony SX 46 in Windows 7 XP mode

docweathers

Extraordinary Member
I have a Sony ICD SX 46 USB recorder that I would like to run within Windows 7/64 XP mode. I have installed Sony voice recorder 2.4 software and the SX driver within XP mode. All went well. However, when I tried to attach the USB port, the attached function correctly recognizes my Sony ICD SX but when I clicked that option to attach it, I get the message "Could not attach the USB device. You can attach the USB device to a different USB port or restart the virtual machine and try again."

I have done all that several times to no avail. Both Windows 7 and XP have all current updates.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Larry

I first tried installing the driver on only the XP mode. Then I tried installing it also within Windows 7 64, which was not successful. I was trying to install the whole business within the XP mode because there are no drivers available for Win 7.

I suppose since I have a 64-bit version of Windows 7, the XP mode is also 64-bit. Is there some way to install a 32-bit version of XP mode on my 64-bit Windows 7 and would that help?

I first installed sound editor 3.3 on the Windows 7 XP mode. But it still would not attach to the ICD sx46 USB port. But Sound editor gave an option for selecting a SX 46 as a sound recording device. I then tried installing the sound editor 3.3 directly on the Windows 7 64. It installed fine but did not list the SX 46 as one of the available sound recording devices. I think Sony has purposely buggered this thing to sell more recording devices.

Any more ideas?

None here. Win 7 for most part supports many things but some things just won't go forward

Think you right. That like Microsoft buggering visual basic 6. It still works in Win 7 but get's harder to use so I use xp mode to do certain things. Was no need changing the dll's messing it up. They want to sell more

Back
Top Bottom