Windows 10 Cannot change Windows 10 Date

CADEnterprise

I am trying to change the system date on Windows 10 to test the trial time of my developed software application. However, the date keeps reverting back to the current date. The "Sync automatically" is turned off. For example; if the date is actually 2/18/2017 and I go to Control Panel/Date and Time and click Change date and time... and change the date, the system changes the date for maybe a minute and then reverts back to 2/18/2017. I have tried this on multiple machines including virtual machines with same result. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.14393.

Is there any reason the date is not staying changed?

Hi,
Most likely the CMOS battery on the PC or laptop you have is low or dead, and is therefore not capable of keeping the date/time stored in the BIOS. If you wouldn't mind telling us the Make/Model of your PC or laptop, we can assist you with how to change the battery. It's a $6 item at Radio Shack or most pharmacy's such as Walgreens or CVS. It can take quite a bit more work to get to in order to change in laptops, so you may wish to take it to a licensed Computer Tech such as Geek Squad and pay them to do for you.

Here's a little video on how to do on an older laptop if you decide to change the Battery yourself or you have done it before on a PC:
how to change a cmos batter in a pc - Bing video

And if you have a Desktop PC, here's a YouTube video on how to change the Battery in a PC:
how to change a cmos batter in a pc - Bing video

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

My method of battery replacement and the videos will still apply. Once you open up your PC tower case; Motherboards and their components and wiring are all very similar and conform to the same general standards including the CMOS batteries on them. I've replaced CMOS batteries on many self-built and custom-built PCs over the years too.:)

<<<<BBJ>>>>

There are several different batteries; the one in the video is the CR2032, the 3V battery most commonly used in Desktop PCs and laptops. However, there are several different ones as well. The CR1620 is another one I've seen. What is your Make/Model of your computer, please, I can help you find the correct one. However, the most reliable method of finding the correct battery to purchase for replacement is to open up your PC or laptop per my video in previous post, and pull out the old Battery and get the Number from it.
;)

<<<<BBJ>>>>

The OP mentioned this already. They have a MS-7693 mobo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your computer must be powered down (power off) before changing the battery. It is more likely a CR2032 coin battery.

Sent from my NX549J using Tapatalk

After replacing the battery and at boot up, you have to go to BIOS to set up the current time and date, make sure your primary drive is on the boot list.

Sent from my NX549J using Tapatalk

Great!! Thanks.:cheerful:

And now OP can replace his own battery using the video links I posted in my POST #2 for him if he decides to do it himself.

Cheers!
<<<BBJ>>>

Back
Top Bottom