Windows 7 Cannot connect to internet

situjin

Hi,
My computer is HP,and the Window is window 7 home premium 64bit, I can connect to the network(I use wifi at home), but when I open the IE8 or firefox 3.6beta4, can't open any wedsite:(,and my antivirus can't go to the internet to upload too:mad:. I don't why? Can anyone help me?(P.S.:I have a old window XP computer, it can go to the wedsite, and do anything, I don't think is the network problem! My network is comcast.)

This sounds very familiar since I am having the same problem with my computer (a desktop with Intel Core i5 on a MSI motherboard). When I was still running Vista Home Premium 32bits on a Athlon 64 pc with ASRock motherboard on this connection, I had no problem connecting to the internet (through a Netgear router). But no that I am using Windows 7 64bits, my pc connects to the router but not the internet. Since I thought it might be a problem with the on board LAN, I just popped in a PCI LAN card, only to see that it has the same problem.
The only way to connect to the internet both with the on board LAN and the extra LAN card, is to switch off the LAN connection in Windows control panel and then switch it back on. Does that work for you? Of course it's not really a good solution, but at least you can go on the internet with it.

We need to know the exact make and model of your card

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Yes, the make and model of your sound card would be of great help

No what I need you to do i go through every screen and post that informational Look at mine.

I have found a solution. The problem seems to be a service called Bonjour, which is installed with iTunes and some Adobe software, like Photoshop. It is incompatible with Windows 7 64bit.

You can remove Bonjour as follows. Type in services.msc in the search box and hit enter. On top of the list you will see a service called ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##. That is the Bonjour service. Double click it to open its properties on the General tab, stop the service and change startup type to Disabled. Reboot and then go to c:\program files (x86) and delete the Bonjour directory. After that, your problems should be solved (or at least until you (re)install iTunes or some other program that also reinstalls Bonjour and doesn't tell you).

This worked for me. Let us know if it worked for you too!

Pierre

Thank you for this solution. I've been fighting the problem since Tuesday (today is Saturday). The solution worked great for me.

Inferno516:
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums, thanks so much for joining and posting the information regarding a solution that has worked for you.
I hope you will continue to participate in the forums, and use your experience to help others with similar issues.
Thanks again, see you around
Randy

Back
Top Bottom