Windows 7 Cannot uninstall Avira on Win7 pc

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I have installed Avast while I disabled Avira. Now Avast is on system and I am logged in as Admin in order to uninstall Avira. Unfortunately, Avira will not let me uninstall saying I need permission from Admin. Can someone give me a clue as to how to get this off my system...

I have installed Avast while I disabled Avira. Now Avast is on system and I am logged in as Admin in order to uninstall Avira. Unfortunately, Avira will not let me uninstall saying I need permission from Admin. Can someone give me a clue as to how to get this off my system...
You could try uninstalling Avira in safe mode?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Here's what Avira help page say's but I doubt it's much help:
How do I uninstall my Avira Antivirus product?

You could try uninstalling Avira in safe mode?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Here's what Avira help page say's but I doubt it's much help:
How do I uninstall my Avira Antivirus product?
Thanks for that info. I will try to do it in safe mode. What a pain that this thing won't go away easily. I looked at the Avira uninstall page and you are right, not much help. Don't know what to do if I can't get rid of it. I'll have to just keep it disabled which I don't really like but I may not have much choice. What a pain! Thanks again.

Hmm... Well you don't need to be connected to a network so no don't bother. Just boot into normal safe mode and see if the offending app will remove.

Hmm... Well you don't need to be connected to a network so no don't bother. Just boot into normal safe mode and see if the offending app will remove.
Went into safe mode - admin acct - would not uninstall - removed Avira Antivirus which did not show up in regular boot. Only "Avira" was present in non-safe mode - kept telling me installation failed even though I was trying to uninstall. Anyway, got out of safe mode - went back into uninstall process and this time it worked. Worse than a root canal. Thanks very much for your help.

Went into safe mode - admin acct - would not uninstall - removed Avira Antivirus which did not show up in regular boot. Only "Avira" was present in non-safe mode - kept telling me installation failed even though I was trying to uninstall. Anyway, got out of safe mode - went back into uninstall process and this time it worked. Worse than a root canal. Thanks very much for your help.
Lol... Sounds a little weird but anyhoo you got there in the end which is great. Any problems please post back.

Back
Top Bottom