Windows 7 Can't change install directory folder to a new location *WTF*

Buchtis

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Sony Vegas 9.0 Platinum to a specific folder that i've made in my computer, but when I click the 'change' icon on the installation nothing happens so I have to install it into the default directory which I don't want to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't understand what you mean by "changing icon"

I always created partitions and as you know they all want to go to the C:\Program Files directory. When that box pops up, I simply change the C: to E: and install it there.

What path are you trying to use?

I don't understand what you mean by "changing icon"

I always created partitions and as you know they all want to go to the C:\Program Files directory. When that box pops up, I simply change the C: to E: and install it there.

What path are you trying to use?

It's in my default folder like C/Software/SonyVegas. I try and click change on the set up of Vegas and nothing happens, it won't let me change the damn folder.

I've had programs like that myself.

Is there any reason you don't use the default C:\Program Files directory?

Well I can but I like to have things organised so that'll be a last resort. Is there no way I can change it then? And is this a glitch or what. Thanks for your help.

I'm downloading it right now.

will let you know.

The first screen is just for unpacking the files. When the actually install starts, and says Verify Installation path, click the Browse button and choose the location you want.

I had no troubles at all

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had Win 7 give me warnings about installing outside of the Public --> Games folder for installing games. I don't know why. Still trying to get used to this whole structure, as I never used Vista

I'm downloading it right now.

will let you know.

The first screen is just for unpacking the files. When the actually install starts, and says Verify Installation path, click the Browse button and choose the location you want.

I had no troubles at all

I lick the 'change' button to change directory and nothing happens, nothing at all. I'm wondering is this a bug on my system or what's happening, i'll post a screen shot tomorrow to show you what I mean.

Also i'm using FireFox and sometimes the web page i'm browsing will go back with out me clicking back on it.

I am not familiar with the program but, when you get to the "change" item, is there not a box in the same vicinity, with the intended path showing? If so, you must delete that path and write in the path you want, THEN click change..??

GROSS;) Spelling mistakes I make often as well, that was just a particular good one.:)

As for the page going back, this happens to me as well on a site called

MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities.

I'm a download junkie.

O.K sorry about this but for some reason when I tried to take the screen shot and it worked. I don't know what I did as i've tried to restart the computer etc. before and it didn't work and now it does.

And yes sorry for the spelling mistakes, it's 12:30 in the U.K and i've just finished my afternoon shift. Thanks for your help everyone although it seems a random problem.

That's how Windows works sometime

Don't worry abut about the spelling mistakes, I use a program called IESpell and it checks my spelling , but often comes up and says finished.

But then I look at the post and it says steers, when I meant Streets, so even this isn't foolproof.

I'd hate to be without or I'd constantly be re-reading all my posts.

After spell checking this post I made 4 errors.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom