Windows 7 Can't change screen resolution - stuck at 800x600

bar8080

Hi, I have recently installed Windows 7 RC. I have a gforce 9800gt and a Samsung syncmaster T220p and what i believe to be the most recent drivers (the monitor driver is dated april 2008). I have installed the right nvidia drivers for windows 7, but it didn't seem to change anything.. I even tryed adding my own resolution but that didn't work as well.. I am stuck at 800x600 and 16 bit color.. Please help... Thank you

Hi, I have recently installed Windows 7 RC. I have a gforce 9800gt and a Samsung syncmaster T220p and what i believe to be the most recent drivers (the monitor driver is dated april 2008). I have installed the right nvidia drivers for windows 7, but it didn't seem to change anything.. I even tryed adding my own resolution but that didn't work as well.. I am stuck at 800x600 and 16 bit color.. Please help... Thank you

When you say the right drivers for windows 7 do you know which ones they were exactly?

Well, I downloaded and installed the 9800gt nvidia drivers from their site... for windows 7 64 bit (which is the version i run)...

What happens when you right-click on the desktop ? Do you not get the option to change the resolution? Also what does it say in device manger about your card?

I would suspect your monitor driver. It is seldom neccessary to use a dedicated driver. Using the standard / default monitor (or, if not, using a similar monitors listed in the monitors listing will allow the monitor to work without problems). Allowing Windows to automatically detect the monitor will allow the monitor to be installed.

But if you wish to keep trying, see if changing the refresh rate helps.

I dont get an option to change the resolution it is just stuck on 800x600... the device manager recognizes thee card.. says it's gforce 9800.....

I have the same system with bar8080, and exactly the same problem. What can we do to fix it??

After doing a little googling it seems that windows update is a possible solution. Try running it and see if any updates pertaining to graphics appears..

Thank you for your time and your help!!!! I found the solution guys!!!
My graphics card was dead. I changed it with a new one!!!

Hi, well umm.. I couldn't solve that problem for the RC version... So I went back to XP.. I Installed Win Home basic and i have the same problem still. I used to run win vista and I had the same problem as well... Can anyone please help me fix it?

Back
Top Bottom