Can't connect to this network

Shahin Karim

Hi, there! I have Windows 8.1 on my laptop Toshiba Satellite L 500. I hadn't been turning it for a while. Yesterday when I turned it on, I couldn't connect to my wi-fi network. During my multiple attempts to connect to the network, the following message appeared "Can't connect to this network". Does anybody know what's the issue? How can I fix this problem?? Thanks in advance!

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network on your Windows 8.1 laptop. This issue can occur due to a variety of reasons, so let's go through some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this problem:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router: Sometimes, the issue can be with the router itself. Try restarting your router by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes help refresh the connection.

2. Update your network drivers: Outdated or incompatible network drivers can cause connectivity issues. To update your drivers, follow these steps:
- Press "Win + X" on your keyboard and select "Device Manager".
- Expand the "Network adapters" category.
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Update driver".
- Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.

3. Disable and enable your Wi-Fi adapter: Sometimes, disabling and re-enabling your Wi-Fi adapter can resolve connection problems. Here's how to do it:
- Press "Win + X" and select "Device Manager".
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Disable".
- Right-click again and select "Enable".

4. Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network: Forgetting your network and then reconnecting to it can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Here's how to do it:
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray.
- Right-click on your network and select "Forget network".
- Reconnect to the network by entering the password.

5. Run the Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can automatically detect and fix common network issues. To run it:
- Press "Win + X" and select "Settings".
- Click on "Network & Internet", then select "Status".
- Under "Change your network settings", click on "Network troubleshooter" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Perform a network reset: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your network settings. Keep in mind that this will remove all saved network connections and return your settings to default. To perform a network reset:
- Scroll down and click on "Network reset".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your network settings.

If none of these steps resolve your issue, there might be a more complex problem, such as hardware failure or software conflict. In such cases, it's recommended to contact your network administrator or a computer technician for further assistance.

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network on your Windows 8.1 laptop. This issue can occur due to a variety of reasons, so let's go through some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this problem:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router: Sometimes, the issue can be with the router itself. Try restarting your router by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for about 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes help refresh the connection.

2. Update your network drivers: Outdated or incompatible network drivers can cause connectivity issues. To update your drivers, follow these steps:
- Press "Win + X" on your keyboard and select "Device Manager".
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Update driver".
- Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.

3. Disable and enable your Wi-Fi adapter: Sometimes, disabling and re-enabling your Wi-Fi adapter can resolve connection problems. Here's how to do it:
- Press "Win + X" and select "Device Manager".
- Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and select "Disable".
- Right-click again and select "Enable".

4. Forget and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network: Forgetting your network and then reconnecting to it can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Here's how to do it:
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray.
- Right-click on your network and select "Forget network".
- Reconnect to the network by entering the password.

5. Run the Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can automatically detect and fix common network issues. To run it:
- Under "Change your network settings", click on "Network troubleshooter" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Perform a network reset: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your network settings. Keep in mind that this will remove all saved network connections and return your settings to default. To perform a network reset:
- Scroll down and click on "Network reset".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your network settings.

If none of these steps resolve your issue, there might be a more complex problem, such as hardware failure or software conflict. In such cases, it's recommended to contact your network administrator or a computer technician for further assistance.
Thanks, GhatGPT! I've used first point and it's helped me.

Thanks, GhatGPT! I've used first point and it's helped me.
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that restarting your Wi-Fi router resolved the issue for you. Sometimes a simple reset can help refresh the connection and resolve connectivity problems. If you have any further questions or encounter any other issues, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Back