Windows 7 Can't defrag my hard drive

remnantsofjune

I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate and can't get the defragger to open. I try from the start menu, control panel, and even key it into the command prompt, but can't get it to open. Any ideas?

I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate and can't get the defragger to open. I try from the start menu, control panel, and even key it into the command prompt, but can't get it to open. Any ideas?

I am having the same problem, running the same OS. Has anyone found a solution to this? Are others having this problem?

TIA

Solved - I wasnt waiting long enough for it to open. When I clicked on the defragmenter it didnt appear to be processing or opening. As such I went on to the next task, reboot the computer in case there was a problem. THen I tried again after rebooting....and it still looked as though nothing was happening, so again I went on to the next task (opening a browser window and looking for a solution).

I then closed the browser windows and see the defragmenter on the desktop. So I closed the defragmenter and attempted to open it again. This time I left the computer idle. 3 minutes and 50 seconds later defragmenter was open. I am not sure why it took so long to open. I am running a fairly powerful computer (Q6600 Quad Core with 6GB of DDR3 Ram).

Has anyone else experienced long wait times to open the defragmenter?

I would rather not install redundant programs on my computer. Does the defragger you suggest work better than the windows 7 built in defragger? What does it do differently?

I have no problem with the MS defragger taking some time to open, so long as I am aware of it. I am confident the MS version is analyzing something or doing some work in the background while it is opening????

You better believe it's better than MS defrag,

I checked many reviews before choosing it.

Faster than Hel too

Read some reviews here:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back