Windows 8 Can't download ISO files to download 8.1

jdwfinger

I have 8 Preview and would like to download 8.1 Preview. However my pc shuts down after an hour because of 8 Preview. If I can't download the ISO files, (I usually get to 65% before pc shuts down) How can I get 8.1?
Can I get 8 Pro or can I download 7 to replace 8?

Are you receiving any error messages when your PC shuts down?

Sounds like you need to be using some kind of Download Manager.. such as FlashGet :)

Sounds like you need to be using some kind of Download Manager.. such as FlashGet :)
It looks like the person's evaluation copy of Windows 8 Release Preview (and not Windows 8.1) has expired and that is why it is shutting down.. it expired January 15, 2013.

windows-8-expiration.jpg

• The desktop background will turn black and your current wallpaper is removed. While you can still change it back, it will be removed again in regular intervals.
  • A permanent notification is displayed on the desktop stating that the copy of the operating system is not genuine
  • The PC will shut down every hour automatically so that you may lose unsaved work in the process.
Upgrading from Windows 8 Consumer Preview to Windows 8.1 Preview is definitely not supported. Even if you managed to download the upgrade fast enough, this will almost definitely require a clean install.

It looks like the person's evaluation copy of Windows 8 Release Preview (and not Windows 8.1) has expired and that is why it is shutting down.. it expired January 15, 2013.

windows-8-expiration.jpg

• The desktop background will turn black and your current wallpaper is removed. While you can still change it back, it will be removed again in regular intervals.
  • A permanent notification is displayed on the desktop stating that the copy of the operating system is not genuine
  • The PC will shut down every hour automatically so that you may lose unsaved work in the process.
Upgrading from Windows 8 Consumer Preview to Windows 8.1 Preview is definitely not supported. Even if you managed to download the upgrade fast enough, this will almost definitely require a clean install.

Thank you Mike, that is exactly what the problem is. I didn't know this would happen. When I did and wanted to buy the upgrade, I was in Mexico and I didn't know if the price was in dollars or pesos. When I went back to the States, instead of getting the upgrade for $39, the price was almost $200. If I download 7 will that be an option? Any other options? I am on SS and don't have the $200 for them upgrade. Thank you and all that replied.

Thank you Mike, that is exactly what the problem is. I didn't know this would happen. When I did and wanted to buy the upgrade, I was in Mexico and I didn't know if the price was in dollars or pesos. When I went back to the States, instead of getting the upgrade for $39, the price was almost $200. If I download 7 will that be an option? Any other options? I am on SS and don't have the $200 for them upgrade. Thank you and all that replied.

You can try to re-arm Windows for another 90 days, but you can only do this for a limited time. Whether or not this will work, because the timebomb went off, I do not know. If you have a valid licensed copy of Windows 7, I would go back to it. Here is some information... you can normally do this 3 times.

Re-arm Windows for 30 days
http://windowsforum.com/threads/a-very-weird-activation-issue.76523/#post-253436

Back
Top Bottom