Windows 7 Can't Fix Corrupt Files

jimlau

i've been having some unusual computer behavior. when checking the disk, i got the following message:

"windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." it mentioned a log that was saved (CBS.log), though i'm not sure what to make of it.

what can i do to fix this? i have a lot of data on here that i don't want to lose. the computer does seem to be working mostly ok, but i did just get a BSOD and the above message.

this is Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. and i ran malwarebytes and kaspersky but they came up clean.

thanks.

btw, i did run sfc/scannow, but still have an issue.

the command to type in failed. i think it wanted to open the CBS.log, and it cannot. says inacessible. anyway, i moved it to another folder and could open it. but it's above my head on how to interpret it all.

i just tried to upload it but it said invalid file, tho in was able to upload it on another site.

not sure what to do next.

btw, i think this may have started by my cutting the power when the computer was on.

PS....here are 4 errors in the log file:

012-05-05 14:48:36, Error CSI 000000ac (F) STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #1481326# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation:Link Removed - Invalid URLirectFileSystemProvider::SysCreateFile(flags = (AllowSharingViolation), handle = {provider=NULL, handle=0}, da = (SYNCHRONIZE|FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES), oa = @0x86ca90->OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES {s:48; rd:NULL; on:[122]"\??\C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-02_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17621_none_a6f11fcb312ed12d"; a
sad.gif
OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE)}, iosb = @0x86ca70, as = (null), fa = 0, sa = (FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_DELETE), cd = FILE_OPEN, co = (FILE_SYNCHRONOUS_IO_NONALERT|0x00004000), eab = NULL, eal = 0, disp = Invalid)

[gle=0xd0000034]

2012-05-05 14:48:36, Error CSI 000000ad@2012/5/5:18:48:36.645 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2057): Error STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation:Link Removed - Invalid URLirectFileSystemProvider::SysCreateFile expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]

2012-05-05 14:48:36, Error CSI 000000ae (F) STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #1481325# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CDirectory::OpenExistingDirectory(...)[gle=0xd0000034]

2012-05-05 14:48:36, Error CSI 000000af (F) STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #1481324# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CDirectory_IRtlDirectoryTearoff::OpenExistingDirectory(flags = 0, da = (SYNCHRONIZE), oa = @0x86d388->SIL_OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES {s:40; on:"amd64_microsoft-windows-g..validatefntcache-02_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17621_none_a6f11fcb312ed12d"; a
sad.gif
OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE)}, sa = (FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_DELETE), oo = (FILE_DIRECTORY_FILE|FILE_SYNCHRONOUS_IO_NONALERT|FILE_OPEN_FOR_BACKUP_INTENT), dir = NULL, disp = Invalid)

[gle=0xd0000034]

Last edited:
The link asks you to use the findstr to extract the SFC entries from the CBS.log. You should just end up with a .txt file in the location you specify. You do not have to open the CBS.log itself.

findstr /c:"[SR]" C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log > C:\Users\YourUser\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

And use an Administrative command prompt and you can copy and paste in a command window.

I will try to look at the errors you provide, but they are usually a little involved for me to understand.

You originally stated you had checked the disk, did you run a chkdsk?

here is that text file. not sure it says much.

when i run sfc/scannow, it still stops at 17% finished and says it cannot fix errors.

Attachments

• sfcdetails.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 348
It does not show you has having any unrepairable files. So it must have finished normally.

It does not show you has having any unrepairable files. So it must have finished normally.

still have the same issue. when i run sfc/scannow, it aborts at 17% with an error. i decided to re-install W7.

btw, do u know if a virus could have caused the problem? i did click on an e-mail link that was not sent by the person i thought it was.

thanks.

Viruses can cause all types of problems, depending on how they are written. The two anti-virus programs you ran should have found something, but maybe this one is unknown or they just did not see it.

Keep an eye on the system just is case some corruption is being caused by something else, like a hard drive, or memory. Maybe run SFC ever so often to make sure you are not seeing the corruption again.

Back