Windows 7 Can't install any video drivers other than standard VGA - "the driver selected for this device does

Boe Dillard

Hello,

I have a relatively new computer with an ATI 7570 card in it. I've tested the card on other computers and it works fine. I don't want to reformat the computer. It has a legit copy of Windows 7 x64 enterprise from MSDN on it.

When I attempt to install new drivers direct from ATI or Dell it gets through the install but with errors - basically can't install the driver.

I've tried uninstalling the standard video drive and installing the latest ATI and it won't let me. I'm definitely using Windows 7 x 64 and I'm definitely downloading the 64 bit driver. It doesn't find the 32 bit driver (tried that).

When I manually select the device and driver, it starts the install but then comes back with the following message -

Update Driver software - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

AMD Radeon 7570

The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows.

I've even tried installing native windows ATI drivers manually and it still comes back with the same error even though I'm installing the drivers that are part of the OS.

Hi,

try running this app: Driver fusion Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution

The above app was originally called driver sweeper and when used sparingly can be a great help. Remove all the AMD drivers from your system and then try installing with the latest driver version once again.

Also may I ask if you've run windows update recently? If not please do so but make sure you change the settings to 'check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them'. Check for updates and install although make sure you untick any gpu driver updates.

Back