Windows 10 Can't install java after reinstalling Windows 10.

january

I tried every type of java installer - offline (both x32 and x64) and online. It doesn't work and I don't know why. I just install the installer, run it adn nothing happens - no error, no problem just nothing and I don't have any java installed on my PC yet. I tried to run it with administrator, make an antivirus exception but it just doesn't run. Please help/.

Did you download it from here?
Download Java for Windows

Nothing should launch after it finishes it's just installed in either
C:\Program Files\Java
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java
Yes! I downloaded all three versions I mentioned above from this site (I check twice that they were compatible with Windows 10) and I don't have any java file on my PC. It's really strange, I just click on the installer, but nothing happens afterwards.

do you have a separate security program? what? thanks
No, I don't have anything other than windows basic antivirus. I already tried to deactivate it for a second, I've even chosen the java installer as an exception to the antivirus, but it still doesn't load :/

Right click the installer and go to properties. Does it say something about "the file is blocked"? If so check the "Unblock" box and click Apply and try again.

Right click the installer and go to properties. Does it say something about "the file is blocked"? If so check the "Unblock" box and click Apply and try again.
Well, no I don't see anything like that, but interestingly when I use a troubleshooter on the file it shows "compatibility error"? How? It shows compatibility Windows 8 even though I downloaded it from Windows 10 section. Now I did it again a few times and it always show Windows 8 compatibility, why? For information, this PC was not upgraded from Windows 8 to WIn10.

Back