Can't reach main c:drive

NettleWarbler

When i start the pc i get reboot & select proper boot device , which has been happening quite often lately . I restart and keep the sata cable in to help i load , it works today all i get is reboot & select proper boot device . I tried my other hard drive which s where i am now , i tried restarting and going into settings a few times my main c:drive isn't listing in settings .

NettleWarbler

When i click on my pc , manage , Disk Management , i try to Initialize Disk . I get can't be Initialized .

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Drive showing.PNG
    Drive showing.PNG
    74.4 KB · Views: 13

Meowkatt

Are you trying to initialise a new drive with the same C: letter as your boot partition? Try attempting to change the drive letter to something else like E: or F:

NettleWarbler

I still can't get on my main drive , i get this message note the gpt partition style is not recognized by all previous versions of windows . But i still can't activate windows .

NettleWarbler

Question , can somebody guide me through Seagate DiscWizard , i'm trying to activate windows .Here,s what i get thank you .

Attachments

• Not Initialized.PNG
    Not Initialized.PNG
    305.1 KB · Views: 9

Neemobeer

Application and Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
Well to be clear the C letter is assigned to Disk 1 (second disk), third partition and that is what you are currently booting to. You can't initialize a active disk/partition.

Are you trying to initialize Disk 0?

NettleWarbler

Neemobeer , its Disk 2 which shows as the larger drive , i click next following instructions till i get to a certain point. I'm frightened it will probably wipe the drive .

Attachments

• Disk 2.PNG
    Disk 2.PNG
    91.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Disk two.PNG
    Disk two.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 7

bochane

Excellent Member
Just a thought /question, the C: drive is assigned at start-up time by windows to the disk it currently runs, is not it?
So, running different programs, on the same hardware configuration, in different software configurations may show a different C: drive?

NettleWarbler

When i try to add a new drive i get time left , when i see time left . To me it looks like its gonna be wiped ( both the same size ) , it failed any way . This drive is very slow , you don't know whats gonna work or not it took almost 4 hrs for updates last night .Theres Windows boot genius here is that any good at initializing windows .

Attachments

• Time left.PNG
    Time left.PNG
    177.7 KB · Views: 6
  • failed.PNG
    failed.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 5

NettleWarbler

I don't know if i can use Windows boot genius to initialize a disk
, i found a video on youtube i don't know if its any help . I go windows rescue , password & key recovery , data recovery , disk tools . Thats it the video ends there , i don't know if this video is any help or not .

Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius-How to fix Windows boot problems?​

NettleWarbler

large hard drives cost hundreds of pounds , you go off them for a few days . When you try and get back on you have to initialise it . If this had happened when i first started computing , The pc would have been up for sale next day .

Neemobeer

Application and Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
If it won't initialize in Windows or stay initialized I would suspect there is a physical problem with the disk. You can search "hard drive DFT software" and download any number of them to test the disk.