Windows 7 Can't run dual video

udlooz

Hey all, I have a PC I built running windows 7 using an ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard.

This mobo has onboard VGA, I wanted dual video so I added an ATI Radeon PCI card, didnt work. So I added a NVIDIA 8400 GS PCI-X card, still can't get dual.

In my BIOS I have options for 'graphics boot priority' Onboard-VGA, PCI-X/Onboard, PCI-X/PCI, PCI/Onboard, PCI/PCI-X

No matter what I set it to, it doesnt work - if I do Onboard only, the other 2 dont work, if I do PCI-X/PCI then the PCI card driver wont start - if I do PCI/PCI-X then only the PCI card works and not the X...

anybody have any ideas?

Do you mean dual monitors? If that's the case then your onboard should have dual connection ports or your GPU should have dual connection ports in order for that to work. You will also need two monitors. Yes, you can have one set up on VGA and the other on DVI.

Hey all, I have a PC I built running windows 7 using an ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard.

This mobo has onboard VGA, I wanted dual video so I added an ATI Radeon PCI card, didnt work. So I added a NVIDIA 8400 GS PCI-X card, still can't get dual.

In my BIOS I have options for 'graphics boot priority' Onboard-VGA, PCI-X/Onboard, PCI-X/PCI, PCI/Onboard, PCI/PCI-X

No matter what I set it to, it doesnt work - if I do Onboard only, the other 2 dont work, if I do PCI-X/PCI then the PCI card driver wont start - if I do PCI/PCI-X then only the PCI card works and not the X...

anybody have any ideas?

Did you install the driver for the new GPU?

Back
Top Bottom