Windows 10 This app can't run on this PC

CMA

I have software that I have created. I have used it on my computer and other people have used it one theirs for years. From time to time, I create updates and distribute them to the other people who use it. I have never had a problem - until this month. Now, when we click the .exe file to run the updater, we get the message:

This app can't run on this PC.

I have spent hours and hours trying to fix this and I can't get it fixed. There are quite a few webpages dealing with this and I have tried hours worth of suggestions - but I can't fix it. I just can't believe this is happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you so much.

I would imagine it's due to smart screen or the file is blocked if it's not signed. Right click properties and check the box at the bottom to unblock

Can you elaborate for me? I'm assuming you are saying to right click on the properties of the .exe file. But, when I do so, I don't see anything to unblock at the bottom. Can you give me more details on what you are talking about?

For anyone reading this...I figured out what the problem was. For some reason, I had changed the FTP setting from Auto to Ascii. This was causing the problem. When I changed back to Auto - then reuploaded the file - when I downloaded it again - it opened and ran just fine.

Back