Windows 7 Can't save files or upload photos...please help!

czerpakj

I cannot save a file on any program. Microsoft word, wordpad, notepad whatever i click save as or save whatever and NOTHING:mad: happens. thats the first thing, Second thing is I've tried to upload photos online, facebook, photobucket, picnik, whatever anything and i click "browse" or "choose file" whatever and NOTHING:mad: happens. Nothing pops up like it should. I just don't understand. I've been wanting to save files and pictures and upload pictures but I can't!!

I have a dell inspiron 1520, came with vista, but i recently put win7 on it. im thinking about switching back to vista. i dont know much about computers. but if i can resolve this problem it would be nice, because i dont really want to switch back to vista. if anyone has any ideas please help! thanks.:razz:

Did this happen since you got the computer or did it happen after? If after, try a system restore. Try uninstalling things (including windows updates) you installed since it started happening. (One by one to find the problematic one.)

Some things to try:

1. Run MSCONFIG and check Startup for "DLCXCATS" and Services for "dlcx_device". Once these are removed, reboot.

2. Remove AVG free

3. Since you didn't get warnings, it may be an infection and not a permission issue. Try scanning the computer with some of these:
Spybot - Search & Destroy Free Download and Reviews - Fileforum
CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

4. Try turning off UAC: Link Removed - Not Found

Last edited:
Are you trying to save the files to a specific location?

Did you upgrade over Vista or did you do a custom install in wipe out Vista?

Back