Windows 7 Can't See MediaVault

edbro

I have an HP MediaVault MV2120. It is a home file storage/server running a Linux OS. It also has a media server that runs in the background.

I had zero problems with seeing it while running XP. Now, with Win7, I can only get to it by manually entering in the network address. I can not see or browse to it using any file dialog box.

In Network Neighborhood I can see the Media Server part of it show up. Clicking on that only opens Win Media Player. I use this drive to store all my backups as well as other files/data. Is there a way to have Win7 see it like any other drive? I thought networking was supposed to be easier in Win7.

HP MediaVault

I had the same problem until I installed the installation disk 2 for my MV2010 and mapped the folders with the MV application. I am running Windows 7 RC1, 64bit.

Thank you Gilbert. I was able to map the folders on the MediaVault thanks to your suggestion. I was not able to map to the drive itself, just the shared folders. Now, I'm trying to consolidate some of my folders to reduce the number. I had 9 before; way too many to effectively map.

Back