Windows 8 Cant upgrade to the latest BIOS

StefaNafetS

Extraordinary Member
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P61-S3 (rev. 2.0)

Ive managed to update/flash (its the same thing?) my bios from F5 to F7 version within an utility provided by motherboard manufacturer called @BIOS ( you can find it on the same support and download section ). I had 3 options to update: from server, file or drive and I choosed the 1st one. The latest F8 version is no longer BETA but I couldnt upgrade to it at least not from server and I think I really need this since its more than half an year ahead of the previous.

However I downloaded the F8 files from manufacturer page , unpacked them and I had 3 files : one windows BATCH file "autoexec"
one aplication "Efiflash" and the F8 file p62s3.f8( I guess I need to put it on a flash drive ) .While atempting to run the 1st one I got the unsupported 16-bit aplication, with Efiflash something similar " this app cant run on this pc" message from windows 8.
So should I put them on a flash drive and then from bios menu to enter Q-flash and select update from drive or maybe doing the same witht hat utility I mentioned above? I have a Sandisk cruzer blade 16 gb.Is this good for this operation?

Back
Top Bottom