Windows 7 CDROM / DVD Drives Present in Manage (! Yellow) w/ Error Code 52

wjdobson

Hello All,

Has anyone found a resolution for this error:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Drives (2) are present but do not show in my Tree and are not usable in this state. I cannot get them to work and can therefore not update with the discs.

Thanks,
WJD

Hey, let's get this fixed for ya shall we?
From Microsoft:

1. Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image
    VistaStartButton.jpg

, and then click All Programs.
  2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK. Collapse this imageExpand this image
    SecurityShield.jpg

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  5. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
  6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  8. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
  9. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  11. Exit Registry Editor.
  12. Restart the computer.

This is the second time my WIN7 Dell has errored out my CDROM. The first time I installed a backup from a previous WIN7 and that made me lose a ton of outlook messages etc. This time I followed your step by step method and it worked. How did you ever discover how to do this - it is so illogical but thank you - thank you - thank you!!

I had the problem myself a few years ago. So I researched until I sorted it like I always do when I have any pc problem and learned.

You're welcome, no doubt.

Hey, let's get this fixed for ya shall we?
From Microsoft:

1. Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image
    VistaStartButton.jpg

, and then click All Programs.
  2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK. Collapse this imageExpand this image
    SecurityShield.jpg

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  5. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
  6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  8. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
  9. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  11. Exit Registry Editor.
  12. Restart the computer.
Gracias TorrentG. por fin he redcuperado mi disquetera.
Habia probado a cambiar drives, instalar nuevas Bios etc...
llevo 2 dias intentando todo lo que he podido hasta que he seguido tus intrucciones.

Te estoy muy agradecido. saludos.:D

thank you so much, I never had a chance to find that out. Restart is not necessary, if you after change regedit key, uninstall the CD/ DVD Rom in device manager and make a new hardware search.

Back