Windows 8.1 Ceton Infinitv6 PCIe question

brkkab

Excellent Member
I'm going to be upgrading my Hauppage WinTV HVR-1850 tv tuner next month to a Ceton Infinitv6 PCIe cable card tuner. I was wondering if anyone on the forum that has a Ceton cable card tuner could answer a question for me. Do the Ceton tuner's have any sort of software that can record tv show's? I know I can use Windows Media Center in Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center already.
It's more about when Windows 10 comes out, as Microsoft has stated Windows Media Center will be dead in Windows 10.Windows Media Player will probably be killed off in 2016, too.

I really think you should ask Ceteon, only because what if that cable card tuner your speaking of isn't supported in Win 10? Might need to ask them if it will be, this way if it does have the record function you're speaking of you know you'll be set.

In the current issue of Maximum PC, I may have found my solution. However, I won't be sure until I have the Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe next month and the cable card for it from BrightHouse.
There's a program called Kodi and a addon for it called Next PVR.
I tried both with my current setup, but the tv portion doesn't work with my current setup. That's completely understandable, since all cable has switched to digital and the aanalog to digital boxes they give us even suck in WMC. You can only get one channel at a time with them and they're Cisco remotes don't work in WMC.
I'm thinking once I have the Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe and the cable card installed & configured in it that those 2 programs will work. Both found everything else I pointed them to (Music, Pictures & Videos).
I'll repost my outcome tv wise next month after I have everything needed.

Back