Windows 7 Change Start Orb in W7

Excellent! I was messing around with this a while ago (changing the start orb) but the method I was using always turned off the Task scheduler for some reason... I've tested this and it seems fine..

Nice find sarge..

Excellent post and find! Been messing around with this for a while now and it seems to be very stable and does exactly what it's supposed to!

Create your own 'Start Orbs' with this handy tool found here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I've included one I just made so please use it if anyone wants to..
Here's a shot of it on the desktop..
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Another couple of Orbs I made last night, one for FEAR2 and another for AMD.

Create your own 'Start Orbs' with this handy tool found here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I've included one I just made so please use it if anyone wants to..
Here's a shot of it on the desktop..
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hey kemical, got this when clicking on the attachment link;
[h=2]Message[/h] Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the Link Removed due to 404 Error

I downloaded the 44 and added them to the Windows 7 Start Button Changer 10 sample orb folder, should work out pretty good.

Nice find

Hi Adam,

yup sorry I had to make room for more attachments which meant I had to delete some old files. Since I'm not an Admin any more I don't have the tweaks that go with the title.

Back to the start orbs. In the end i stopped using them as I realised it was messing with the Task Scheduler. I do still have the above orbs though and would be more than happy to email them over if requested..

Yes, if you could email them to me, that would be great.
Have you tried adding them to WinRar archive to a zip file, upload to a file host and then post the link?
Kind of round about, but it always works great for me.

Thanks,
Don

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a picture.

These are the Windows Start Button Changer, start orbs, the original 10 that comes with WSBC and then I added the 44 that kemical posted above and then using Start Orb Creator, also mention by kemical, I made 3 of my own, which are the last 3 in the pic.
Pretty cool, but now it's way too many choices;