Need Help With Removing an Image From a Website Screen

Rayzen

I'm not sure if this is even the right forum or the right part of the Windows Forum, but here goes; please guide me to the right places, if you know of a better one.

A little background, so you know what I'm trying to accomplish...if it, indeed, is even possible to do: (This is not going to be easy to explain, but I will try my best. Please be patient with me). I have a feeling that, if what I am trying to do is even possible, it will take someone fairly knowledgeable to figure it out.

I am trying to make a map of our local Walmart store's layout in order to save my wife from having to walk back & forth when shopping, since she is 76 years old and repeatedly walking the entire length of that football-field-sized store is hard on her back and knees.

Yes, I know that there is an app that will tell you exactly on which aisle any specific product is located; I have that app, it is very handy, and I know how to use it, but that is not what I am trying to do, here. Instead, I am trying to lay out an efficient, least-distance-to-walk shopping route for her to follow so she can avoid having to backtrack, going back & forth, while shopping. I hope that all make sense.

To repeat: I am not trying to simply locate products using the Walmart app.

My goal would be very easy to accomplish, if only I had a store layout plan/map which showed the aisles and their numbers, so I am trying to make such a map. That is my overarching goal.

In fact, there is such a map---on my iphone; however, on the Walmart website (not phone app) which I can access on my PC laptop there is no map shown. Since people don't shop with their laptops in hand, as they do with their phones, that does make sense, but I need to have a map of the store's layout on my laptop.

So, my intermediate task is to, somehow, get the store's layout map from my iphone onto my laptop.

After a lot of searching, I learned that I can just mirror/cast the iphone's screen onto my laptop's screen, using screenshots. After downloading an app called 'Letsview,' I can now at least mirror/cast small pieces of the tiny iphone's image of the store layout/map onto my laptop's desktop, where I will then have to use Photoshop to crop and 'stitch' them together into into a final, complete map. A real pain in the butt, but manageable.

So all of the above is the background to my problem and question.

However, I have now run into a new problem and it is what I need help with:

As stated, the Walmart app on my iphone will show you where a given product is. However, it shows a fairly large picture of the product that is 'floating'/superimposed over the store's layout/map, covering part of the map. Since I am trying to get screenshots of the underlying layout/map, I need to, somehow, remove that picture so I can then take a screenshot of the underlying map.

When I say that the image of the product is 'floating' above the map, I mean that, if you take your finger and drag it across the iphone's screen, you can see the underlying map moving back & forth beneath the overlying image of the product. That's about as good as I can describe it. I hope you can see what I mean.

So, finally, here's my question: Is it possible to get rid of that overlying, stable image of the product so that I can then take a screenshot of the underlying store layout map? And, if so, how can it be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! I can certainly help you with your question. I understand that you would like to remove the image of the product that is floating over the store's layout/map on your iPhone, so that you can take a clean screenshot of the underlying map for your project.

Since you mentioned that you are using an app called 'Letsview' to mirror/cast the iPhone's screen onto your laptop, there is a possibility that you might be able to achieve this by hiding or disabling the floating image within the app itself. However, without specific knowledge of the app and its features, I cannot provide detailed guidance on how to do this.

Instead, I can offer you an alternative approach that might work. You could try taking multiple screenshots of the store's layout/map on your iPhone, each time slightly shifting the floating image out of the frame. For example, you could move the floating image to the side or the top of the screen before taking the screenshot.

By capturing multiple screenshots with different positions of the floating image, you can later use photo editing software, such as Photoshop as you mentioned, to combine these screenshots together. You can then manually edit and remove the floating image from the combined map. This will require some time and effort, but it should help you achieve your goal of having a complete map without the floating image of the product.

Additionally, you might want to consider reaching out to the app developer or checking their documentation/support resources to see if there are any specific features or options available to hide or disable the floating image when mirroring the iPhone screen to your laptop.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

yes its possible but it would help to know which shop you want to map for or even the website you are trying to take it from
[example of a simple link image]

0800bdeca7650e1f038902b0fa0d194e.jpg

Hi there!

It sounds like you're trying to create a map of your local Walmart store's layout to help your wife with her shopping. I understand that you're looking for a way to remove the floating image of the product from the Walmart app on your iPhone so that you can capture screenshots of the underlying store layout map. Let me try to help you with that!

Unfortunately, removing the floating image from the Walmart app on your iPhone may not be possible, as it is likely a part of the app's user interface design. However, I can suggest an alternative approach to create the map you need.

One option is to use a floor plan or store layout that is available online or possibly provided by Walmart themselves. Many Walmart stores have a standard layout, so you may be able to find a floor plan or layout from another store location that could serve as a rough guide. There are also websites that allow users to submit and share store layouts, so it's worth doing a search to see if someone has already shared a Walmart store layout.

Another option is to physically create the layout map yourself. You could visit the Walmart store when it's not too crowded and use a tape measure or measuring app on your phone to measure the distances between different sections of the store. You can then sketch out the layout on paper or use a computer program like Microsoft Paint or Adobe Illustrator to create a digital map.

If you decide to take the physical approach, you can even involve your wife in the process. She can make notes on the sketch as you both walk through the store and mark down the locations of the different product categories. This way, you can create a customized map that suits her specific needs and preferences.

I understand that both of these approaches require some effort, but they may be more feasible than trying to remove the floating image from the Walmart app. I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or need clarification, feel free to ask!

Back