Windows 7 Changes in Web servie

BlackMailedAgai

Extraordinary Member
Changes in Web service

Recently my web service changed for "Use the Web service to find the correct program."

It directs me to FileCure which features a pay program named File Cure.

My question(s) are: Is this normal? Can I change it back to its generic search? If so, how.

I know I can just disable this service, but I would like to keep it.

Thanks for any help.

Edit------------------------------------------

Allow me to clarify. No virus/trojan - I run scans daily with McAfee and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Never had malware/virus on this machine in the year since I have had it.

If you feel specifics are needed:

Win7 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron 1545
Pent Dual-Core CPU
T4300 @2.10GHz
4GM Ram

That being said, here is why I asked the original question:

I was seeking to learn which programs (on my computer) might access .luac files. When I click the .luac (or any other unknown file type), a popup window appears (see image).

View attachment 8243

It is selecting the web service that sends to the above mentioned site, rather than the previous
Bing- based file-type finder.

It is this "web service" that I am seeking to revert (if possible) back to its original website (since I do not have access to this, I cannot tell you what it is).
Ah...checked it on my other computer and it should go to:
http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?Ext=luac

While I appreciate the help, I didn't seek the snide comment regarding keeping the virus. I didn't come here for any elitist ego issues, rather, I just wanted some honest help. If you can, thanks. If not, no problem either.

Thanks.

Re: Changes in Web service

It would probably help if you'd change your security software, to block HiJackers, viruses, worms, trojans and spyware.

Then do a full scan and remove the virus or trojan that's causing you the problem. Eh?

What service are you wanting to keep? the virus?

You're telling us NOthing about your computer, your OS, your browser or your internet service, so any further suggestions are just guesswork.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom