Windows 7 COD4 keeps killing my NIC

supersi

I have no idea why this problem has started all of a sudden. I went as far to reinstall COD4 after punkbuster fails to update and I get that API kick as well. The same thing happens with Far Cry 2.

But this problem seems to be unique to COD4...
Within a couple of minutes of logging into a COD4 multiplayer server I get the dreaded ingame disconnection icon.
I exit out of the game and I have no internet access at all. I tried to reset the NIC using the Windows 7 troubleshooter but that didn't work. The only thing I can do is reboot the pc which solves the problem.
Has anyone else experienced this?

As far as I know, and I do play cod4....windows 7 can't run the game due to pb issues...as of yet the issue is to be resolved...it has to do with the PB service and windows 7...there is a small workaround, and that means you have to run the PB services...both A and B before launching the game.....but then when you exit the game you have to do again....for some this works....for others it will will allow only about 20 minutes of play before you get kicked......hope this helps ya

Back
Top Bottom