Windows 7 Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

ryan1234

I am having problems loading this game. The splash screen appears, and when a switch to full-screen mode should occur, nothing happens.

I have reinstalled the game and patched it to 1.09 since upgrading from Vista to Win7 RC1. Further, I have run it in both XP and Vista compatibility modes to no avail. My system is Win7 RC1 32-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.00 Ghz, 3GB RAM.

Sorry for the false alarm. The game works fine after installing the latest NVIDIA drivers designed for Win7.

Last edited:
I am also having issues with this game and the addon.
My specs are:
CPU: Pentium M 1.86GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
HDD: 100GB 5400 RPM

The Problem is:
I can load and start a game just fine, but it only runs in-game for about 20-25 seconds and then crashes. No error messages, and game settings don't seem to make any difference. I have tried reinstalling. Right now, I am going to try disabling my anti-virus (AVG Free) and make another attempt.

Also, it should be noted that I have C&C Generals installed and it plays with no problems whatsoever.

C&C3 and Kane Wrath both work fine on mine without any compatiblity settings on, so most likely a driver related issue.

Dercas what video chip has that laptop got?

I figured it out. I looked back through the comments on where I had gotten the addon and someone had mentioned (since my laptop isn't the fastest thing out there the game had preset all of the lowest graphics settings) that if the game crashes, you should go into the settings, and turn the "shaders" up one notch. I did this, and both CNC3 and Kane's Wrath work fine now. I how that this helps someone else out too.

Also, for reference purposes, the video stuff is: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family and the driver date is 01/13/07.

L8. Dercas

Back