Windows 7 Command & Conquer Free

I tried Tib Sun yesterday running at 1680x1050....lol was mega tiny characters running around like ants... (Needs to be run in win98 compat mode)

Sorry . So the game isnt written for Win 7. Wont bother you again..

Dude you need to chill out, I'm sorry if you didn't look at my rig specs below my post that clearly state I'm running Windows 7 x64, but there's no need to post negative feedback when the information answered your question.

BTW having a INTEL GPU chipset shouldn't cause any problems running this game, its nearly 10 years old and predates the need for huge number crunching GPUs, it was made in the era where anything ran long as you had about a 1ghz cpu.

Last edited:
I'm currently downloading Tib sun now and I run 764bit so I'll follow your advice Highwayman. I'll let you know how I get on..
Currently at 38mb lol only another gig to go!

Runs a treat! Excellent, I'm now going to download the others..

Hi guys. As you have by now realised i am an amature . So could you please help me out here when you get some time.. I have downloaded Tib Sun, Then downloaded Win Rar. And i am at the point of having this nice little purple , blue and green books file on my desktop. Thanks.... I will wait till you can help as i dont want to stuff it up from here... Thanks

Cam,
I think you'll need to rightclick on the file you've downloaded (as you've installed winrar right? rar file is just another way of compressing files like the zipped files you see everywhere) and unpack the file to somewhere of your choice like your desktop for instance..
Then open the unpacked file and ignore the 'Play Tiberian Sun' icon as that didn't work for me and navigate to the main game folder. Look for the exe shown in the screenshot and rightclick on it and choose properties, then compatibility. Set it for 'Win98' and your good to go.. Click on the icon you've just changed and the game will start.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yesterday I downloaded the Allied disc for 'Red Alert' and following the install instructions found on the same page managed to successfully burn it to disk as well as install it.
So it seems most of the games will run under Windows 7 as long as the guidelines are followed... Happy nostalgic gaming people ;).

Cam,
I think you'll need to rightclick on the file you've downloaded (as you've installed winrar right? rar file is just another way of compressing files like the zipped files you see everywhere) and unpack the file to somewhere of your choice like your desktop for instance..
Then open the unpacked file and ignore the 'Play Tiberian Sun' icon as that didn't work for me and navigate to the main game folder. Look for the exe shown in the screenshot and rightclick on it and choose properties, then compatibility. Set it for 'Win98' and your good to go.. Click on the icon you've just changed and the game will start.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks for all your help Kemical. I did exactly as you have said to do and the game works great. Now time to learn how to play this little beauty...Woohoo:)

Excellent! :D Does the game run ok with your set up? I bet it does but let us know anyway...

Happy gaming! :)

Back