Windows 7 Computer Novice Suffering repeated BSOD

Stuartc6969

Hi forums. 1st post here and as the topic suggests I'v been having problems with BSODs for the last few weeks.

Its usually caused by a SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION or BAD POOL HEADER or CALLER. Usually happens at start up, but does not seem to have any obvious pattern. (will restart 1-20times then becomes stable until next restart.)

I'll try and include the minidump files and if anyone can offer any help or advice I would be very grateful!

(I dont know my way about computers too well either I'm afraid, so will probably need to be spoon fed!:red_smile:)

Thanks for any help,
Stuart.

Attachments

• 042612-19780-01.dmp
    269.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 042612-19546-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 328
  • 042612-19515-01.dmp
    311.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 042612-18938-01.dmp
    266.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 042612-18564-01.dmp
    269.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 042412-26145-01.dmp
    269.3 KB · Views: 371
When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder
Hi Stuartc6969 and Welcome to The Forum.
(With your dump files loaded individually, it makes hard work as they all end up with the same date, until you open each and every one to sort out the order. Much easier if you zip them first).
The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump.
Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Also see: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...lp-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

In the meantime, as a starter:
AVG is known to be a cause of BSOD's on Windows 7 systems. Suggest that you uninstall it. Download the correct AVG Remover for your system (32 or 64 bit).
If you have AVG ID protection installed, download the AVGID Protection Remover from the above link as well (it wouldn't hurt to download and run it anyway). Download BSOD friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as AVG's replacement.
Uninstall AVG through the Control Panel. Re-boot to Safe Mode and run the AVG Removal tool(s). Re-boot to normal mode and install MSE. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled! After your blue screens have been resolved, feel free to re-try AVG.

Hi Elmer, thanks for the quick responce.
I'll give that a go tonight and try to reattach them in an easier to access format.

As a Priority:

dtsoftbus01.sys Mon Oct 17 13:12:30 2011 The dtsoftbus01.sys driver has been known to cause problems on some Windows 7 systems. This belongs to Daemon Tools Light. I suggest uninstalling DT Light until your blue screens are resolved. But do not replace with Daemon Tools!!

Drivers with Updates:

jraid.sys Mon Jan 11 11:28:18 2010 JMicron Raid Driver June '11

nusb3hub.sys Fri Apr 23 02:34:35 2010
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Apr 23 02:34:36 2010
Go to your Motherboard Mfr. Support website (or Link Removed - Invalid URL) and update your USB 3.0 drivers. A June 2011 set are available Here.

Rt64win7.sys Mon May 31 04:46:43 2010 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.053 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1483XXX) option to download.

AVG and DTlite gone, updates all went through except the USB3host controller.

Hopefully these attachments will be a bit more helpful for you.

Still getting BSODs, but its nice to feel like theres hope. Thanks again its much appreciated!

Attachments

• BSOD CUP-Z images.png
    BSOD CUP-Z images.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 480
  • BSOD RAMMon image.png
    BSOD RAMMon image.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 457
  • Seven Forums.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Ok. I'm not doubting you've removed AVG & DTLite, but your pc is crawling with a shed load of their drivers. Run the AVG clean up tools in Safe Mode. DTLite? Hmm!! Do a manual search for dtsoftbus01.sys. Rename it to dtsoftbus01.bak. That will break it and stop it from loading. They really need to be gone from your system (for now). Lets try n get it running sweetly first before we try the problem stuff out.

Also do a check for a BIOS update. Yours is from Aug 2010. Asus is usually pretty good. I'd expect a newer version than that. Also your RAM Command Rate is set to 1T. Could be worth trying 2T.

Last edited:
Thanks Elmer. Yes sorry, AVG was still on when I ran those as it requried a restart and I was worried I wouldnt manage to get back on if the computer decided to die. Its since been removed, unfortunately my computer is refusing to boot up at all now. Fan+lights working, but nothing appearing on monitor nor usual sounds of start up from the tower. :(

It has done this once before and seemed to sort itself out after being left alone for a few hours, so hopefully can try the rest of your suggestions laters (fingers crossed!)

Back