Windows 10 Computer unresponsive

MikeAtt

After leaving the computer idle for some time, like overnight, I find the computer apparently awake (sleep light not on), with the hard drive light irregularly but dimly flashing, and no way to access it. Neither mouse clicks nor any key on the keyboard does anything, nor is there any apparent reaction to those actions in terms of the hard drive light. The only way to resolve the issue is to press the off button until the computer shuts down, take out the power cord until the little light on the back goes out, and then insert the power cord and restart. After that, all is good. I am running Windows 10, set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity. This seems fine during the day, when I am not away for lots of hours. The computer goes to sleep but wakes up fine. Is this a Windows issue, or something to do with the BIOS, or something wrong with the computer? Is there a way to recover information on what was going on when the computer froze? Thanks!

probably windows update in the background

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well, it's not going to be windows update. What are the specs/make model of the computer? When leaving it overnight what is it left doing?

Are all drivers and bios up to date?

HP Pavilion Media Center a1610n. I generally close all programs when leaving the computer. A computer backup, SynbackSE, starts at 5 am. It looked like one of the multiple backups I do ran this morning but then the rest were prevented from doing so. I need to check on the drivers and bios.

I checked the drivers. Windows said they were up to date. I don't know how to check the bios. The computer is no longer being made. Ideas?

M

The bios version should be viewable in the bios. Mostly like Del or F2 while turning the machine on.

Back
Top Bottom