Windows 7 config Win Explorer

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
when I try to configure WE the "apply to folders" (which was "apply to ALL folders" previously) is grayed out.

How can I set all folders to my config??????????????

thx

To resolve the issue where the "Apply to folders" option is grayed out in Windows Explorer (WE) configurations, you can use the following methods to set all folders to your desired configuration:

Method 1: Use Folder Options​

1. Open Folder Options:
    • Press Windows Key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click on the "View" tab at the top of the window.
    • Select "Options" on the right side. This will open the "Folder Options" window.
    []Set Folder View:
    • In the "Folder Options" window, go to the "View" tab.
    • Make your desired changes to the view settings (e.g., display settings, sort options, etc.).
    • Click on "Apply to Folders" to apply the current view settings to all folders.

Method 2: Use Registry Editor​

[
    ]Open Registry Editor:
    • Press Windows Key + R to open the "Run" dialog.
    • Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    []Navigate to the Folder Settings:
    • Go to the following Registry key path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Settings
    [
    ]Backup Registry:
    • Before making changes, it's recommended to export the "Settings" key for backup. Right-click on the "Settings" key and select "Export."
    []Delete Specific Subkey:
    • Look for a subkey named BagMRU or Bags.
    • Right-click on the subkey and choose "Delete." This will reset folder view settings.
    [
    ]Restart Explorer:
    • To apply changes, you may need to restart Windows Explorer or reboot your computer.

Method 3: Use Command Prompt​

[]Open Command Prompt:
    • Press Windows Key + X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or "Windows PowerShell (Admin)."
    [
    ]Reset Folder View:
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press Enter:
      Code:
       reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop" /f
  2. Restart Windows Explorer:
    • After executing the command, restart Windows Explorer or restart your computer to apply the changes. By following these methods, you should be able to set the configuration for all folders in Windows Explorer to your preferred settings. If the issue persists, let me know for further assistance.

Back