Windows 7 Constant BSOD while gaming BC code 124 hall.dll driver

Here you go.. Cpu Z memory tab

I keep testing playing for straight hours and no Bsod at all, I find this really weird because if I had a critical problem in my hardware I shouldn't be able to play for almost a week hours and hours with no Bsod's.

Yesterday I played all afternoon different games and I had no problems at all. ( specially FF XIV ARR )

To rise the voltage I have to go into the Bios I suppose, I was checking it and now it's on auto with a 1.055 voltage, sometimes in Cpu Z goes to 1.118 when my Cpu it's at max speed 3.9 Mhz ( stock speed is 3.5 and with Max Turbo Frequency goes up to 3.9) .

I have to just change the vcore to manual and set 1.090v?

Yeah you'll have to change it via the bios. If the voltages are out it could well whats causing the bugcheck 124 hardware error.

I'd like to see the memory tabs in cpu-z and the cpu voltage looks a little too low for me. I've seen the 124 error if the vcore or pll voltages are too low and on occasion if memory timings or voltages are out.

Attachments

• Cpu Z Memory.png
    Cpu Z Memory.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 417
I've always used AMD chips so am not too sure about Intel voltages but after doing some googling can you check in the bios and see if there''s a setting called 'Adaptive volts' or similar. If it isn't enabled please do so. Can you also check in the bios what the RAM is set at voltage wise.

I've always used AMD chips so am not too sure about Intel voltages but after doing some googling can you check in the bios and see if there''s a setting called 'Adaptive volts' or similar. If it isn't enabled please do so. Can you also check in the bios what the RAM is set at voltage wise.

Tomorrow I'll check the RAM voltages on the Bios and the other things

I'll post some info soon.. Thanks

Thanks for posting those although i couldn't see anything relating to 'adaptive volts' although your RAM looks fine voltage wise.. I've been trying to find out what the stock voltage range for your chip and for some reason it's been a real bugger to find. My ignorance concerning Intel chips doesn't help either and you might be better served if you posted a thread in the forum section found here regarding your CPU voltages:
http://www.overclock.net/f/5/intel-cpus
Explain about the 124 bugcheck errors and this thread in way of background info. Something is amiss with your CPU either with the actual chip or the settings it's currently at although looking through those bios images it looked to me that you had everything looking just right. What happens if you run prime95? If the cpu crashes out or working threads stop then your chip might be failing. In which case you might need to RMA it.
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

I did some prime95 tests for almost an hour and no problems.. I'll do another one soon. Anyway my temps are really good.. I barely go over 60-62 C with prime running.

When i have results I'll post them

:)

Just did a little test with prime95 for 1 hour and no problems at all

Attachments

• Prime95 test.jpg
    Prime95 test.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 406
Another suggestion I have. I noticed XMP is disabled. Enabling it and letting it configure the memory is always\mostly a good idea on intel systems

Might be worth a try... Never ran a modern Intel system hence my suggestion of trying the forum above.

Another suggestion I have. I noticed XMP is disabled. Enabling it and letting it configure the memory is always\mostly a good idea on intel systems

I suppose this setting is in the BIOS.. I'll check it when I get home

I'll post any new info soon

Thanks

Another thing.. I my screenshots my RAM is at 1333Mhz Frequency and with 1.50v.

My Ram is this one Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB)DDR3 1866 KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX

This is my full system:

1 13344 Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB)DDR3 1866 KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX
1 13403 GIGABYTE GA-Z87-D3HP LGA1150/ Intel Z87/ DDR3/ CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.
1 10120 Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB
1 12652 Benq® Monitor LED 24" 3D XL2420T
1 11508 Antec 650W TruePower TP-650 80PLUS® Bronze NVIDIA™ SLI™
1 12493 Sentey Classic Series 1332 Mid Tower
1 13439 Cooler Master TPC 612 RR-T612-20PK-R1 CPU Fan
1 10370 Arctic Silver 5 THERMAL 3.5GR
1 13383 Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core
1 13456 GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3
1 12354 Lite-On Super AllWrite IHAS124 -04 WU 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer

Shouldn't be my RAM at 1600 Mhz or even 1866 Mhz?

Last edited:
Back