Windows 8 Constant BSOD with Windows 8. When Browsing, Playing Games.

Bortelli

Hello guys, I've recently decided to switch over from windows 7 to 8. And so far, Im not liking it,
The OS, from my experience at least, seems to be very unstable for gaming or simple tasks. I constantly crash when I play games. I'm not sure why

View attachment dump file.rar

Hello guys, I've recently decided to switch over from windows 7 to 8. And so far, Im not liking it,
The OS, from my experience at least, seems to be very unstable for gaming or simple tasks. I constantly crash when I play games. I'm not sure why

View attachment 1084

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 32 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 760GM -E51 (MS-7596) (CPU1) 22 °C
Graphics
TF-TV3207E* (1920x1080@30Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Gigabyte)
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 28 °C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

How did you "switch" from Win 7 to Win 8? If you did an Upgrade, that is probably causing your problems. The Upgrade installation generally works well, but is not 100%. The Custom Install from DVD is the much preferred method to give pristine installations. The Upgrade is very dependent upon the original installation and installed apps.

I would suspect if you took the time to do a Custom Installation from a DVD, then re-install all your apps, that you would not be experiencing these problems.

If you did not make a DVD during your original installation, use the link at the top of your email receipt to start over. When you get to the spot where you have an installation option choose Install by Creating Media. This will download the ISO file to your PC and allow you to burn it to DVD or Flash Drive.

How did you "switch" from Win 7 to Win 8? If you did an Upgrade, that is probably causing your problems. The Upgrade installation generally works well, but is not 100%. The Custom Install from DVD is the much preferred method to give pristine installations. The Upgrade is very dependent upon the original installation and installed apps.

I would suspect if you took the time to do a Custom Installation from a DVD, then re-install all your apps, that you would not be experiencing these problems.

If you did not make a DVD during your original installation, use the link at the top of your email receipt to start over. When you get to the spot where you have an installation option choose Install by Creating Media. This will download the ISO file to your PC and allow you to burn it to DVD or Flash Drive.

I did not do an upgrade. I had a digital copy that a rewrited over my windows 7. I have been getting blue screens everyday. Also, is there a way to install windows 7 without using a boot drive or a cd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom