Windows 10 Could anyone point me to a list of headsets that "Mixed Reality Portal" support.....?

kevink

I just tried "Mixed Reality Portal" in insider preview build 15027, the portal cannot find my Oculus Rift, even if the compatibility check is pass and the device is plugged in and working fine (see attached screenshots).

So my questions are:
1. Is there official statement according to a list of headsets the portal support?
2. How about avaliability of those headsets?
3. I noticed that Mixed Reality has been removed since build 15025 (found in changewindows, sorry I am limited to post a link), do you know the reason and when will it be back?

I hope Microsoft can guidence on how to experience MR device in preview build and update document regularly.

Thank you!

Attachments

• cannot find headset.png
    cannot find headset.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 356
  • compatibility check is pass.png
    compatibility check is pass.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 404
I just tried "Mixed Reality Portal" in insider preview build 15027, the portal cannot find my Oculus Rift, even if the compatibility check is pass and the device is plugged in and working fine (see attached screenshots).
not surprised, dougy drivers are the main reason Microsoft has trouble giving Windows away

So my questions are:
1. Is there official statement according to a list of headsets the portal support?
2. How about avaliability of those headsets?
3. I noticed that Mixed Reality has been removed since build 15025 (found in changewindows, sorry I am limited to post a link), do you know the reason and when will it be back?
  1. no
  2. no
  3. no... its a preview build mate... nothing is set in stone

I hope Microsoft can guidence on how to experience MR device in preview build and update document regularly.
don't hold your breath but yes it would be nice to get some feedback from them later in the year

Back