Windows 7 Could networking be any worse?

sirloyne

Banned
Windows 7 networking sucks. There is just no arguing that point. With my 3 XP machines it's as easy as right clicking the drive you want to share, click share and you're done. Apart from the fact that they've done everything they could to make 7 as difficult as possible to share MY files with MY computers on MY network in MY house, whether or not I can even see the other computers is at best 50-50. I figured I would dumb it down enough so even 7 should be able to keep up. I was wrong. I plugged a 32GB thumb drive into the back of my router figuring 7 should at least be able to handle this. I was wrong again. I had all 3 XP machines on, all of which could see each other... along with seeing the router. 7 however could only see itself. I figured the problem was that 7 was asleep, and as it so often does, it woke up retarded so I turned it off and back on again. Amazingly enough that worked!!! I was able to see all the computers and the router!!! I was able to get a file from the router!!! My elation didn't last long. I went back 10 or so minutes later and, I'll be you can guess... that's right... 7 could only see itself again. Now I'm sorry if I offend anyone here, but anyone who says they actually like this god damn OS absolutely HAS to be full of sh!t. Either that or they don't do anything beyond facebook. Personally I don't ever install anything on this crapware because I know it's only a matter of time before I'll be running my disc image yet again. What I want to know is how do you force 7 to see all the computers on the network every time I look for them? As far as I can tell the only way to see the other computers is to look under "Network" once I open "Computer". Did they bury the solution in a sub-folders, sub-folders sub-folder like they did everything else? God I hate Windows 7. I've never thought of doing such horrible things to people until I thought about the things I'd do to the entire gene pool of the people who came up with this garbage.

Back
Top Bottom