Windows 7 CPU Meter Gone

Nathanael777

Recently I noticed my CPU being pushed to 100% by a trojan (igfxupdate) though not knowing the cause of the usage I simply tried restarting the computer, though when the computer restarted my CPU Meter was gone. I have now completely removed the virus but my CPU Meter never showed up. It isn't in my list of gadgets and it doesn't reappear when I click restore gadgets, however, it seems to have all of it's files (in my windows siderbar folder). So I am at a loss as to how to fix it and I can't simply reinstall it because it comes with windows. I was really a big fan of this gadget and now that it helped me catch this virus I feel naked without it. I know I can download a different CPU Meter but I like the simplicity and reliability of the windows one, so if anyone knows how to fix it or has any ideas for me to try it would be most appreciated.

Thanks and have a good day!

Have you tried uninstalling the gadget platform and reinstalling it you can do this under programs and features then on left side click add a remove windows features there should be gadget platform listed there

Krypto

Back