Windows 10 Crashing all the time!

Malagith

Hello, my computer is crashing all the time and I do not know what I need to do in order for it to work. It has been crashing for a long time including when I had windows 7. Is there anything I can tell you that will help me fix the problem?

Thanks,
Malagith

Last edited:
Hi,
when you say crashing, do you mean a blue screen of death? If so please read this thread:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Post the results and I'll move this thread to the correct section.

If it isn't a bsod problem can you post more details about the issue itself. What machine are you using? When does the crash happen? The more you can tell us the better.

Hello,
Most of the time it is a BSOD but not always, sometimes the screen just freezes and this happens (normally) when I play games like League of Legends and Counter Strike:Global Offensive. I ran the tool you provided and it returned a dump file. As far as my system goes, I also generated a DxDiag file listing my system specs. While generating this file, it crashed again (blue screen with sad face) and the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED came up, though I did not catch what the code was. Hopefully this will help with the diagnosis.
Thanks

Attachments

• BSOD Dump.zip
    349.3 KB · Views: 945
  • DxDiag.txt
    87.8 KB · Views: 455
Hi,
I checked the zip file but unfortunately no dump file was present. This could be down to your system not being configured to produce them. Please check your settings:

Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Another thing which can stop dump file creation is no page file so make sure it's enabled and bigger than 200mb.

Once you've changed the settings you'll have to wait until you bsod again for a dump file to be produced. Once you bsod again run the app once again and post the results.

I did look through the event log and i see a Saitek driver isn't happy. Saitek usually make things like keyboards and mice so if you have anything like that please either update or re-install the driver.

Hello,
I have a Mad Catz R.A.T 3 mouse and my brother has a R.A.T 5 and there is not a driver for Windows 10 yet. My brother has no problems with his driver and it is the same as mine, so I don't think that is a problem. The driver me and my brother use is the Windows 7/8 Driver and I have reinstalled it to see if that will solve anything.
I am still waiting for a BSOD to obtain a dump file.
Thanks.

There was a crash yesterday and I have got the file now :)

Attachments

• BSOD Dump 2.zip
    681.4 KB · Views: 508
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 139, {1d, ffffd000277aa580, ffffd000277aa4d8, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above can be refer to a driver which has caused corruption of critical data structure or an actual hardware corruption such as memory.
This means we will have to do some detective work to sort out the issue.

I notice your SuperAntispyware app is dated 2011. I also checked it against the Windows 10 compatibility site and no information relating to this app.
Personally I'd try removing this application and using something else like Malwarebytes
Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software

Also please remove Avast (you can install these again at a later date) and just use the default Defender as this is ultra stable.

AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 09:28:46 2011: ASRock App Charger A possible BSOD cause please remove.

FNETURPX.SYS Sat Oct 04 03:27:02 2008: FNet Turbo HDD USB Driver - Also part of AsRock XFastUSB package Please either update or remove: The latest version I could find was under windows 8:
ASRock > Z75 Pro3

evolve.sys Sat Aug 07 05:47:00 2010: Echobit Evolve Virtual Miniport (Ethernet) driver. Looks like this was recently updated. Please download the new client:
Release: Evolve Client 1.8.17 - Evolve Blog

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Engine management driver. All your Intel drivers are out of date. Please use the Intel driver update utility:
Intel® Driver Update Utility

LGBusEnum.sys Tue Nov 24 01:36:48 2009: Logitech Keyboard please update:
Logitech Support + Downloads

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Oct 18 12:48:20 2011: Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver please update:
Realtek

SaiBus.sys Tue Apr 16 18:17:23 2013: Saitek Magic Bus driver please update:
Drivers and Sofware for Saitek Pro Flight Sim Products | Saitek.com

ScreamingBAudio64.sys Thu Jul 01 19:54:32 2010: Screaming Bee Audio Driver please update:
Screaming Bee

WPRO_41_2001.sys Mon Nov 07 21:04:48 2011: CACE Technologies WinPcap Packet Driver please update:
WinPcap · Download

Also please right click on the Start button and from the revealed menu choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

Ok see how you go on after making the above changes. Please post any new dump files

Hello, Thanks for the help, the BSOD is no longer happening, but I still crash with just the screen freezing. Do you know why this is? I might be doing nothing, I sometimes might be playing League of Legends / Hearthstone / CS:GO and my comp will just freeze, it has happened twice today!

Again many thanks for the last help. Now I just need help with the new one.

P.S: I did most of what you told me but some of it I can't do, like the driver for my Saitek, there is not actually a new driver for it.

Did you run the system file checker?
Please right click on the Start button and from the revealed menu choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

Freezing can also be caused by old gpu drivers and heat (overheating gpu/CPU)

Back
Top Bottom