Windows 7 Creating New Partition without Format

Hello to all,

I want to create a new partition out of my primary C drive but without having to format the disk. Is it possible to do so. This partition has a lot of space and therefore I want another partition, but without losing the content on C.

I am using Windows 7 Home Edition

Acronis Disk Director can do it, there's a free trial (although I'm not sure if the trial has limitations or not, check that before attempting). I've used their software for years and always had a pleasant experience.

I've used EaseUS as well, it'll do in a pinch, I had issues with uefi partitions using it though, not sure if those are fixed by now.

Hello to all,

I want to create a new partition out of my primary C drive but without having to format the disk. Is it possible to do so. This partition has a lot of space and therefore I want another partition, but without losing the content on C.

I am using Windows 7 Home Edition

Hi, there are two tools for you to manage partition.

One is Disk Management in the computer. "Open Computer"—“Manage”--"Disk Management", then you can see your partition C. Use "Shrink Volume", change the size you want to allocate to the new partition, then you can get a unallocated space, create the new volume. If your computer only has one primary partition—C, this new partition that we created is primary. If you want to create a Logical one, you have to allocate another new volume, then you can get the free space to create a new logical partition.

Another tool is MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition. Use "Move/Resive Partition", you can get a unallocated space, "Create the New Partition"-specify the size and location for the new partition, in the part, you can choose "Logical/ Primary", Drive Letter, Film System and Cluster Size. Click OK, you can see the new partition. It is easy for you to operate it.

Back
Top Bottom