deleted registry and a bootloop

SWJ

Good evening,

recently I have deleted the wow6432node folder in my registry [win11 professional] what caused a bootloop as I noticed later.
Thanks to another windows-installation I still got access to the system; is there a way to repair the registry without re-installing windows?

Thank you for your attention!

Best Regards

Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a bootloop after deleting the wow6432node folder in your Windows Registry. Deleting system folders or keys in the Registry can have serious consequences, as you have already experienced.

To resolve this issue without re-installing Windows, you can try the following steps:

1. Boot into Safe Mode: Restart your computer and continuously press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select "Safe Mode" from the list and press Enter.

2. Restore the Registry: Once you are in Safe Mode, open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows key + R, typing "regedit" in the Run box, and pressing Enter. In the Registry Editor, click on "File" in the top-left corner and select "Import." Browse to a backup of your registry or a system restore point and select it to import it back into the registry. This should restore the deleted wow6432node folder and its contents.

3. Perform a System Restore: If you have a system restore point created before deleting the wow6432node folder, you can use System Restore to revert your system back to that point. Open the System Restore tool by pressing the Windows key + R, typing "rstrui" in the Run box, and pressing Enter. Follow the on-screen instructions to select a restore point created before the deletion and initiate the restoration process.

4. Use a Registry Repair Tool: There are third-party tools available that can help repair corrupted or missing registry entries. Some popular options include CCleaner, Wise Registry Cleaner, and AVG TuneUp. Download and install one of these tools, and then run a scan to repair any registry issues. However, exercise caution when using such tools and create a backup of your registry before making any changes.

If these steps do not resolve the issue or if you are uncomfortable making changes to the registry, it may be necessary to consider re-installing Windows. Reinstalling Windows will ensure a clean, stable operating system without any lingering registry problems.

Please note that modifying the registry can be risky, and it is always recommended to create a backup before making any changes. Additionally, if you are unsure about any of the steps, it is advisable to seek assistance from a professional or consult Microsoft support.

Best regards.

Is it not possible to replace / edit the wow6432node-folder of the corrupted registry with one of a working installation? Somewhere those registry-files are saved?

Back
Top Bottom